The speed of light?

3rd Enigma

i wud like to answer for 3rd enigma's 3rd question

but let's say u want to prove wrong of relativity.

how can u do it?the obvious way is to exceed the speed of light

scientists at NEC research center and Italian National Research Council of Florence claim that they have exceeded the SOL by 300 times and 7-8% respectively.i don't know much detail abut it. but remember

if there is a rule it is to break, for better and finer understanding of universe
:)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scientists at NEC research center and Italian National Research Council of Florence claim that they have exceeded the SOL by 300 times and 7-8% respectively.i don't know much detail abut it. but remember

:)

Yes and they state on their homepage: That the specific experiment didn't in anyway prove SR wrong.. but was exatcly acording to SR! So we still need profe then! another thread on this forum also gives the link and the qouted statesment by the researchers at NEC!

It's called anomolous dispersion. It's not precluded by relativity. In essence you are just reshaping the pulse in a novel way.

The idea that "nothing can exceed the speed of light" is a watered-down version of a concept of SR, diluted to the point that it's wrong.