Homosexuality Facts

NavajoEverclear

MishMish said in post # :

I had introduced slavery as an analogy for society being biased, and YT picked up on it as a joke of sorts, that since he's being assailed for his position it is he, not his position, being criticized

Since I had introduced it, felt particularly obligated to step back in to point out how things fell

Ah, didn't see that. See: Sayonara's interpretation instead then.

MrL

"Ah, didn't see that. See: Sayonara's interpretation instead then"

Had not read ahead when I posted that, should have. I think we said essentially the same thing. I perhaps credited him with a bit more humour, though still of a rather defensive sort

it strikes me as somewhat curious that such a thread or topic receives so much in the way of attention and replies on a SCIENCE forum?

and it`s hardly like it the 1`st time, one only need look in the top 10 to verify this!

and it seems to be at the expense of Genuine Science :(

maybe it`s just me, but there seems to a flood of threads such as this or religion or politics or utter nonsense lately.

again, maybe it`s just me, but I didn`t sign up to any of this garbage, I came here for SCIENCE !

anyone else feel the same?

oh an btw, I`m leaving this gay chat too it`s not a thread that`s going anywhere and we can type till our fingers bleed, nothing will be resolved or fixed or agreed upon. and I don`t leave my values at the door when I enter here either.

SCIENCE RULES! ;)

YT2095 said in post # :

it strikes me as somewhat curious that such a thread or topic receives so much in the way of attention and replies on a SCIENCE forum?

and it`s hardly like it the 1`st time, one only need look in the top 10 to verify this!

and it seems to be at the expense of Genuine Science :(

maybe it`s just me, but there seems to a flood of threads such as this or religion or politics or utter nonsense lately.

again, maybe it`s just me, but I didn`t sign up to any of this garbage, I came here for SCIENCE !

oh an btw, I`m leaving this gay chat too it`s not a thread that`s going anywhere and we can type till our fingers bleed, nothing will be resolved or fixed or agreed upon. and I don`t leave my values at the door when I enter here either.

SCIENCE RULES! ;)

Golden rule of the internet:

If you don't like it, don't read it. As you're so fond of saying, there's little point dimming everyone else's bulbs.

Sayonara³ said in post # :

Golden rule of the internet:

If you don't like it, don't read it. As you're so fond of saying, there's little point dimming everyone else's bulbs.

"If you don't like it, don't read it."

it still remains on my screen as garbage I have to sort through to get to the little nuggets that rellate to science!

"there's little point dimming everyone else's bulbs."

I totaly fail to see how THAT applies at all? perhaps you don`t understand its meaning?

Sayonara³ said in post # :

I think what YT meant with the slavery post was that he expected everyone to jump on him for saying slavery is wrong - when clearly it isn't - just because they were all on the "YT stomping bandwagon".

Lol - can't believe nobody noticed that. Edited :D

YT2095 said in post # :

I didn`t sign up to any of this garbage, I came here for SCIENCE !

SCIENCE RULES! ;)

I do.

I don't know what it is about Psychology, but people feel they can post the most fantastic (as in: - of, or pertaining to fantasy, NOT brilliant and insightful) rubbish in that forum, as long as it contains words like 'mind' or 'mental'.

Perhaps it's because they have no understanding of Psychology, or don't believe that it is a science and subject to the same rules of evidence and logic as other sciences.

Or maybe they simply don't grasp the basic definition of 'science'.

YT2095 said in post # :

if you`de have read, the common denominator in most of my argument has been that of un-naturalness(sp)

The "it's not natural" argument is meaningless, because we all do what it is in our nature to do. It is man's nature to converse, attempt to gein knowledge and wear clothes. It is the nature of some to love people of the same sex. What we then have to do is look at our naturel which is a largely memetic one and derive our morality from that. One of the major tenets of our morality is that of freedom, and in that we should allow people to love who they like, and be affectionate with who they like, so long as they are both (or all) consenting. Unless one is going to force people to have children, or ban people who cannot have children for whatever reason, then attempting to ban gay marriages and so on is blatant discrimination. In banning gey marriages and so on, one is making a statement like "those people cannot do that because they are X) where X is unjustified. One might as well say mixed race couples or elderly couples should be banned too.

atinymonkey said in post # :

Stop the malfunction before it saves the human race from self destruction.

so thats how san fran convinced congress....

Trying to pin down the sole cause of homosexuality is akin to choosing one reason that i like television. I enjoy cnn, while another person may watch tv for the weather. At what point do we draw the line for homosexuality, and experimentation?

Weve all had girlfriends in college who've experimented with another girl. does this mean she was molested or treated poorly during her youth? I dont think so considering the slew of girls that are like this.

I have a theory about that, girl/girl would seem to make more sense that male/male.

Breast Feeding, as infants there are certain things learned and remebered, maybe some of that creeps through subconsciously into adulthood, so the idea of a girl going with another isn`t all that abhorant.

it would interesting to know what percentage of gay men were breast fed (or not) against the rest of the hetro population?

just an idea :)

YT, waits for barrage of hate mail again *sigh* :(

here is what i think... i think that (on a religious perspective) "god" made the most beautiful thing alive when he created the woman. guys and girls alike both think the woman's body is extremely beautiful. Guys bodies usually have more hair and aren't as soft as a girls it's hard to explain. being with a girl is great, but i prefer a man to a woman just cause i like their body parts more :)~