Buddy list

Royston

This may seems like a very belated question, and I've searched everywhere (perhaps not hard enough) but I wanted to start adding people to my buddy list, though I have no idea what the point of the buddy list is, so I guess that sounds kinda daft, but anyway...does it inform me when a 'buddy' has made a post, or is it just for novelty value ?

Click on your "buddy's" username on any post. The bottom choice is "Add X to your Buddy List". I do believe it lets you know somehow that your buddy has been profound again.

I'm going to try it myself, using insane_alien and Snail as my Buddies. Don't get any grand ideas though; it doesn't mean I'll help you move or give you a ride to the airport or anything. :P

all it does is show you that they`re online, nothing that you can`t Find out anyway by looking at the color of the Dot in one of their posts.

(bottom left next to the post count).

it`s an archaic remnant left over from earlier VB versions that hasn`t been removed, that`s all.

Also in a users profile there is a link under the users avatar to add to buddy list, and one next to it to add to ignore list.
The Ignore List works though. At least it used to. Before I became a Mod I had the luxury of using it on certain cretins.

Then blike asked me to moderate but he told me I couldn't ban everyone on my Ignore List.

*sigh*

Then blike asked me to moderate but he told me I couldn't ban everyone on my Ignore List.

*sigh*

why *sigh*? Blike was quite right! if you HAD have banned everyone on your list, Who would you have to Ignore then?