New style feedback

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT HURTS MY EYES!!!!

jk :P

hotcommodity, someone raised a similar point with the cap'n on IRC and his response was that you'll get used to it, which I tend to agree with, but out of the 4 or so sets of forums I occasionally idle on these will be the only ones where I use a theme laid out like this. But this is far better than having teh avatar in a bar at the top, which just annoys me...

actually, one gripe -- could you switch the 'poster' and timestamp/report post/post number around? it's annoying having the picture on the right, but the name on the left.

Besides splitting up the User info, I'm also not liking the feng shui of the post layout. My eyes tend to go diagonally across a post so the upper left and the lower right corners are dominant and tend to get the most attention. I like that I start right out with what the poster is saying (I still glance right to check avatars) but then my eye is lead to the lower right where Join Date and Post Count are prominent.

I'd prefer to have the Response buttons (Quote, Edit, Multi-Quote, etc.) in the lower right. Join Date and Post Count can switch places with them. I think it would make response a tiny bit easier.

hotcommodity, someone raised a similar point with the cap'n on IRC and his response was that you'll get used to it, which I tend to agree with, but out of the 4 or so sets of forums I occasionally idle on these will be the only ones where I use a theme laid out like this. But this is far better than having teh avatar in a bar at the top, which just annoys me...

I know what you're sayin' :) I just think the posts blend in a bit too much with the background. I thought there were alternate skins but I dont see'em =/

Edit: I spoke too soon, seems as tho' you can have the default style too.

I like Phi's suggestion, I think they do need to be swapped. I'll also try to get the alternating colours sorted. However, feel free to use the default vBulletin style until we get things sorted out.

That's a lot better, and far more readable.
Absolutely. Thanks!

With this new compressed style I think members with lots of spaced lines in their signatures should do some housecleaning. Some sigs are longer than most posts. dave's has a lot of info in it but it's tightly laid out and doesn't take up much vertical space.

Ooooh, I hope you have a backup of your avatar, pink-boy. I feel a switch to Teletubbies coming on.... :D

And clean up that signature, man! It looks like my desk! ;)

I do now :P

I did clean it up!

But I know what you mean, I've got to again at some point but I can't face removing the drochaid line :(

But I know what you mean, I've got to again at some point but I can't face removing the drochaid line :(
So don't. Instead protest even more quietly. :D Or stack up like dave does so your sig takes up less height. I know how it is to give up something you like a lot.