Roddenberry

TOAWNIF

Now here’s a question directed only at serious students of the Roddenberry School of science. Did any Star Ship ever have air conditioning? I don’t know so I shan’t be supplying an answer.

I'm not for sure either, but I think it's more of an individual environmental system. Each person on the starship is in perfect temperature agreement. To one person it feels 75 and perfect. To another it feels 64 and perfect.

Actually I just made that up, but I wish that was a reality...

Hi! I wondered since asking if the little furry creatures brought on to Kirks ship by Mudd might have found a home in the air conditioning. If I can't find the answer they'll take me away.:cool: What were the creatures called?

Well, there's got to be a way to circulate air throughout the ship and return it to the portion of the ship where it's cleansed (method depending on the particular sci-fi setting). Plus temperature must be controlled, since it *is* something like -270 C outside.

Mokele

Hi! I wondered since asking if the little furry creatures brought on to Kirks ship by Mudd might have found a home in the air conditioning. If I can't find the answer they'll take me away.:cool: What were the creatures called?

Tribbles.

Well, there's got to be a way to circulate air throughout the ship and return it to the portion of the ship where it's cleansed (method depending on the particular sci-fi setting). Plus temperature must be controlled, since it *is* something like -270 C outside.

Mokele

You're right.

Tribbles?

Janeway and colleagues spent months crawling about in all sorts of places but I never saw them fight species ? in an air-conditioning duct.

The Klingons wouldn't have had air-conditioning. Too sissy. When they borrowed Star Fleet vessels without asking they would have turned it off. If there was any.

If they had air conditioning it was almost certainly powered by halo ice crystals which could only be found on class Q planets on Thursdays and half holidays.:D

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/crystals.htm

I have recently invented the Line Of Sight Transporter which is designed around the principle that light travels in a roughly straight line and depends on the fact that light has already made the journey so is therefore instantaneous. All that is required is for a volunteer to travel to one of the nearest stars and build the receiving station.

Are there any takers?

:P :-p :P

I think it's probably safe to assume they have much more advanced means of temperature control and of air delivery than a system of open air ducts. For one thing, they can apparently set up airtight seals with force fields in any part of the ship, and the people inside don't suffocate.