End Of The World.

gene

Do you think there is an "End of the World"? How Soon? How Long?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think there is an "End of the World"? How Soon? How Long?

• Yes, and it is coming very soon.
    • Yes, but not in this generation,
    • NEVER
    • I don't know
    • No Such Thing.

[deep demon voice] when the nineth sign is fulfilled, the end of the world will come. satan will rise again as the blood of the two canadians known as Terrance and Phillip touches the soil.[/deep demon voice]

...i voted no

although technically, the sun will "explode" (jurn into a red giant) in something like 6 billion years. at which point it will actually take about a year for it to noticably affect our planet, and either 100 or 1000 (i forgot which) years to engulf our planet.

and in something like 13 billion years, the andromeda galaxy is supposed to "collide" (mix with) the milky way, possibly affecting some solar systems a tiny bit, but unlikely that any planets/stars/black holes will actually collide (well, considering how many planets/stars/black holes there are, a few are bound to collide)

and i suppose it's always possible that some lunatic will blow up the surface of the world, when powerful enough bombs are made, but i bet that by that time genetic engineering will be in constant use, making people smart enough to see this coming.

then there might possibly be some new virus epidemic that kills everyone during and past puberty... (TV show, "Jeremiah" on showtime) or something similar.

but what is the most likely scenerio is that there will be a mass fear of the end of the world, everyone will panic, and everyone will kill themselves except trained martial artists... and budhists... who will have learned to control their unconscious fear, and would have seen this coming ten years away. (martial artists are cool)

the end shall be when it is...and everyon shall see me standing there laughing at them...well...sorta...ok...not really...oh well...the end of the world won't matter because we shall forsee it and thus be able to escape the planet by then...our main clue will be when a new AOL comes out and doesn't suck...so we have a while...

if we had a beginning i think its pretty safe to assume were going to have an end, (taken out of context) for every action theres a reaction so for an up theres a down, for a beginning theres an end etc..................

KHinfcube22 said in post #4 :

the end shall be when it is and everyon shall see me standing there laughing at them well sorta ok not really oh well the end of the world won't matter because we shall forsee it and thus be able to escape the planet by then our main clue will be when a new AOL comes out and doesn't suck so we have a while [/quote

What is an AOL?

Yeah, i agree with Crash. A beginning, an end. But, are we smart enough to predict the end???

Well, if we are about to find out how this world/universe came about, we would very much be able to predict the end. That's my guess. Although the sun theory is very logical. But what causes the sun to explode? A lack of hydrogen gas or helium gas?

So, can we measure the end of time by the amount of Hydrogen and helium left in the space and estimate a given time?

It's not really predictable to the point that I am comfortable with giving an answer other than "I don't know."

Chances are such that the sun will swallow the earth in the red giant stage of its life assuming our predictions that it will get to that stage are correct and something much more destructive does not happen in close proximity to the sun prior to that.

gene, hydrogen fusses to become helium, when all those reactants have worn out, they start to form heavier elements such as Carbon and Iron, at this stage it`s the death of a sun (our sun). that`s how they die, they basicly run out of fuel :)

What about the vampire and werewolf conspiracy to rid the population of silver in the 60's. Back then a slingshot and a dime kept you safe. Now when they make their move we will be defenseless. Or seriously.

I think an asteroid is our greatest threat at any time.

Just aman

My definition of end of the world is when the human race or any other organisms on the earth ceases. or in other words, extinct due to a powerful and terribles "disaster". (or what thing that happens so, i am asking you guys' opinon and this) And not only

what this disaster does to mankind but also to the whole world, planet, solar system, galaxy, universe, etc. The field of destruction depends totally on you. because whether is it universe or galaxy or solar system or the planet earth it will stilll affect us because for the simple fact that we are living this planet blah blah blah

Well, can you tell why this question make no sense? i'm not very sure but i thought it was a general idea. :)

Anway, what other options did i missed. I'm not as intelligent as most. So, i think i would have not come out as precise and logical or whatever . in this question. :)

I agree TOTALLY that there are other perspective in this question and sorry of my negliance. Thanks in those who voted anyway. I just wanted the know generally what the others think. ;)

Btw, good point mentioned. I didn't really notice it before. THanks a lot :))

Doesn't that question effectively negate the need for "NO" options?

I predict a cataclysmic series of (mainly military) events in about 50 years which will cause the ruination of what we currently term "civilisation", although vestiges of humanity may well survive.

This is likely to be preceded by large scale (but comparatively less destructive) conflicts in 10-15 years.