Fix paddleboat.

Rebiu

get a soldering iron and some extra plastic and start melting it on there:-)

Brilliant idea. I would have come up with something less effective or less simple.

Would you advise he attach the extra pieces on the outside, so water pressure works in its favour rather than against it?

I dont think the general term "plastic" is specific enough.

Are the cuts through the entire thickness?

The extremes of the cuts may in fact be cracks, which may tend to grow and creep beyond the point of actual repair.

Possibly obtain pieces of similar "plastic", cut pieces larger than the damaged area, trim back damaged hull to exact size of repair pieces, insert and fix with correct solvent/adhesive. Add oversize patches to inside and outside of hull to reinforce edges of inserted patch.

After that, get a handpump, buoyancy bags, and inflatable lifesaver, and dont ask me to sail in it!

never underestimate the power of ducttape. i made a whole boat for a hamster out of it once(yes, the hamster survived). it even worked.
Having been a "tinner", actually making ductwork for HVAC applications, I have the utmost respect for the Gray Lord of Seals. However, duct tape's marine applications are not it's forte. Similarly, full sunlight tends to melt the bond between the adhesive and the tape a bit.

Plastic patch outside, waterproof caulk, you're good to go. Just make sure your feet aren't going to be pushing against the patches (don't know how this paddleboat is set up).

It worked.

The boat is a catamaran with a separate floor and hull. The holes were cuts and the plastic shows no inclination to crack. I have used silicone caulk to adhere pieces of art glass together. It is quite strong and rubbery.

Thank you all for your input.

how many years are you planning the caulking to retain it's integrity? It is a brilliant Idea using caulking (I was always taught to do it gcol's way) but just to be sure you might want to put a seallent on it, either the kind they use on actual boats or the kind you put on hottubs.

how many years are you planning the caulking to retain it's integrity? It is a brilliant Idea using caulking (I was always taught to do it gcol's way) but just to be sure you might want to put a seallent on it, either the kind they use on actual boats or the kind you put on hottubs.

It is 15 year caulk and is on the bottom of a flat boat. My guess is that is will last much longer. The leaks are slow and the it becomes undeniable that the boat is flooding long before it will sink.