The "stupidest" attempt to disprove evolution?

FreeThinker

garbles dna. i still have not relinquished disdain over that comment from two days ago. garbles? it just garbles dna? where did he get this information from?

secondly, you know he has a napoleon complex (small penis), finally, how is it that this man was in a debate with someone? actually, **** that. how can i email this man, would it be possible to stage a debate with him? the whole SF.net squad. i'll fly all you ****ers out. except u bacteria, u can drive to jerz.

lol, not that it would do any good. These people have an uncanny ability to ignore all reason and logic. Afterall, when you base your entire faith on misrepresented scientific fact, and then devote your career to that, that doesn't really put you in a good place to listen to reason.

And besides, I wouldn't willingly drive to jersey if you paid me ;-P

You can't prove God doesn't exist. Therefore he does!

It would be a sad, desolate, cold world if there were no god. Therefore he exists!

If God doesn't exist then all these people on this planet who are praying to him are praying for nothing. That is a sad thought. Therefore God exists!

I find the notion of a loving creator comforting. Therefore he exists!

You can't prove God doesn't exist. Therefore he does!

It would be a sad, desolate, cold world if there were no god. Therefore he exists!

If God doesn't exist then all these people on this planet who are praying to him are praying for nothing. That is a sad thought. Therefore God exists!

I find the notion of a loving creator comforting. Therefore he exists!

There's nothing wrong with accepting the above for personal faith. But, bringing in incorrect science to further back up those ideas is just wrong on many levels.

No, there's nothing wrong with believing in God as long as you keep it to yourself and don't impose your beliefs and consequent actions on others. For example, if you think human embryos are humans because God created them and decided to condemn stem cell research as a consequence, that would be wrong. Similarly, killing people because your god told you to would be wrong. Imposing your beliefs on others is wrong.

But as long as you keep it to yourself, there's no problem. But that's the thing--not many people keep their beliefs to themselves.

I got this emailed to me from a friend who "got religion" a while ago http://www.kids4truth.com/watchmaker/watch.html

It's easy to rebut, since the "arguments" are simplistic, but what really bugs me is the acceptance that lying to promote one's faith is acceptible. Doing it to children, from a position of authority, is reprehensible. And I told my friend just that. People who have to strike down a strawman of science to buttress their faith don't have much faith at all.

I got this emailed to me from a friend who "got religion" a while ago http://www.kids4truth.com/watchmaker/watch.html

It's easy to rebut, since the "arguments" are simplistic

Hmm, I seem to remember a "watchmaker" argument being used by someone else... in a book rather than a Flash movie...

Oh, right, "The Blind Watchmaker".

Hmm, I think that argument was a little better.

</sarcasm>

• 3 weeks later...

I've said this before, and I will say it again. Creationists are hypocrites of the highest order.

1 - They refuse to believe in a 'creator' subtle and intelligent enough to create the universe in a way that hides itself from humankind (I have an entirely open mind on this, I consider myself an atheist, but from a positivist standpoint i.e. there is no direct evidence for an intelligent creator)

2 - They threaten to annihilate their own religious beliefs by attempting to put them in a ring with science, where their total lack of evidence leave them open to being completely proven 'wrong'

3 - If they dispute the age of the earth (radiometric dating), cosmology (gravitation, quantum mechanics, electronics) and god knows what other scientific disciplines, they should GIVE UP all the trappings of science. IE, they should be anti-nuclear, anti-jet fighter, anti-vehile, anti-mobile phone, in other words, they should go and live in a forest because as far as they're concerned, science is WITCHCRAFT. This self-serving attitude of fundamental christians is not, in my opinion, exposed often enough.

4 - If you're a christian, sell everything you own and give it to the poor. If you don't, you're a hypocrite, and you're going to hell. Hey, don't argue with me, it's in the book.

Just my opinion.