Town has 80 days of water

Much of the problem is being caused by uninformed irrigation.

Farms and industry are sucking water out of Rivers (Especially the Columbia) faster then the river can flow.

I have heard that the Columbia river no longer empties into the bay of California anymore. (Which is also creating problems with the water salinity of the region)

I've been checking this out for a few years now, and it's been scaring the Hell out of me as well. There are major drought issues out west, and western Kansas has had a serious trend of turning into a desert.

I'm sure with all the category 4 & 5, and 27 tropical strorms, and hurricanes, it's the worst on record. Global warrming is going to create stronger winds and storms, and probably drop more rain at a time in a spot, so there's less elsewhere.

Anybody familiar with Pacific Decadanal Oscillations? Apparently they have something to do with rain.pdo.gif

This is the worst storm season we've had in a decade, so whats happening then, the water is just drying up faster on the hot days?

Keeping in mind the location and types of storms in important, though.

The american southwest doesn't often get tropical storms, which are the wet ones. Dust storms are a lot more likely.