energy equals time

hello

inbetween works cycles at the moment so thought i'd pop in and take a quick look to see what's going on, and propose a strange thought.

that is that time is a component of energy, that what we percieve as time is the moment to moment changes in the state of energy that composes matter. also that like matter time has components like wave and particle, being that time exists as individual moments (particle), and in a stream of moments (wave).

conjection that in einstein's slowing of time as lightspeed is near, is a resault of the fact that as you approach lightspeed matter is accellerated to the speed of time. time seems slower because you are travel closer to the speed of time.

in such a way if you can effect the speed of energy you can effect the speed of time. so one means of checking such a conjectureuld be that in space large enough objects with massive gavitation fields should be able to shift time slightly. also objects such as blackholes should be surrounded by waves of time dialations. an time shifting should be seen in the matter streams of neutron stars, as energy/matter being created would need to conform from it's creation time to space normal time.

just conjecture, agreed-disagree what's your thought. and for you physics math wiz's out there, even if in disagreement can someone for a brain challenge come up with a nifty time equation to go with it.

strange thoughts

mr d

Take a look at the work of physicist, Julian Barbour. he's got some interesting theories on time which you may be interested in and seem to echo what you've writen about the nature of time as a series of instants.

I could go on about all the other complexities of his theory, but you'd be better of reading the book, "end of time"

hello

miss use of words by me. think of it more as a base time. by this i mean at the moment of the creation of the universe all energy created was given a base time that subsequent matter derived from that energy also has. however as matter is reformed by such sources from energy it is given a new time stamp, but hyposis that base time remains a component of such matter, and later time stamp can be stripped away leaving the base time. such as with magnetic alignment in rocks. a rock has a base magnetic alignment when created, but picks up other magnetic orientations over time due to earth's shifting magnetic fields. but using de-rezing techniques you can step a rock's magnetic alignment back to it's original orientation.

so perhaps time/matter can be the same. new time created as energy retransformed into matter, but base time still is there and can over ride new time stamp. to help maintain a nearly constant time frame for the universe. however for a unspecified period the new time stamp should be detectable by time dialation.

to others thanks for info and reading recomendations.

mr d

Anything that effects time is a laughable excuse for lack of information.

:confused:

It's reasonably well explained by general relativity. It is left as an excercise to figure out what is laughable and where the lack of information lies.

hello

just dropping by to add a question. part of the reason i suspect energy having a roll in time is a need for a constant.

as the speed of energy is such, and as energy can have no zero weight as it can not have a rest state conjector that in a time association time can therefore never have a rest state, meaning time can not per say stop.

however was now wondering if there are other such constants? can think of none, so i decided to quiz the brains out there in the ether of the world wide web.

thank you

mr d

Anything that effects time is a laughable excuse for lack of information.

Be careful what you say is laughable when you dont seem to know what you're talking about. Time dilation do to SR and GR (SR in particular) has a strong theoretical background, and more importantly has been confirmed to exist. What information are we lacking, exactly?