What`s YOUR pet done?

YT2095

I couldn`t knock off laughing last night at one of our cats, it was That funny that I thought I`de share it, and hope you`ll share some of yours also!

we`ve not long lived in this house (moved in Feb this year 06) naturaly as a BBQ fanatic I wasted no time getting one set up in my back yard, to which a few days later next door bought one also (identical as it happens).

yesterday was VERY hot outside and has been all week, appart from today, yesterday was the hottest day we`ve had in ages!

we had all doors and windows open and the cat`s like to play in the back yard and all was well.

next door ( a couple with teenage kids) were having a right old argument he`de even hit her twice according to what we over heard, it really wasn`t nice and went on until well past midnight.

our Male cat comes in with an uncooked hot-dog and drops it by his food bowl and starts eating it, my wife noticed it at 1`st.

I said throw it away, we have no idea where he got it from or how old it is or where it`s been.

he`s recovering from bladder stones as it is, last thing we need is a cat getting re-sick again! (esp in the heat).

he seemed ok as I watched him close for about an hour, then off he went into the garden and vanished!?

I went upstairs to watch where he went for a better Vantage point, he was next door, that`s ok I thought, he`s not run away, then off he goes along their path, hops onto the table next to the BBQ and grabs another hot-dog! :eek:

in their blind anger at each other during their arg, they totaly forgot they left their food outside that was for the BBQ and there was our cat taking advantage of the entire thing and loving every second of it! :D

I`m sure there`s probably a Moral in there somewhere if you dig deep enough, but the best I could think of was "You Snooze, You Lose!"

he was ever-so Proud of himself though :)

feel free to share your stories in here too.

Although my cats about six now, she's still small for her age and has a high pitched kitten miaow. This makes her a prime target by the neighbour hood cats and she seems to get bullied or chased out of our garden quite regularly.

Anyway about a month ago we noticed that some neighbour hood cats had been coming into our house, peeing everywhere and eating her food because she was just too much of a pssy (no pun intended) to defend herself. The problem seemed to get worse and worse until one day, I came home to find a big grey cat sitting at the top of my stairs. With a fit of rage I chased it to the top floor of my house where it ran into one of the rooms.

I then decided this would be a great chance to scare the cat out of our house and possibly traumatise it enough so it would think twice before coming back again, so I closed the door of each room and went down to get a water pistol, a few pens to throw and a wooden spoon to make some noise with.

After searching each room I found it underneath a bed so I closed the door and poked underneath with the spoon untill it shot out and frantically circled the room trying to get out. I fumbled with the water pistol but managed to get a few hits with the pens and probably scared it with my shouts and banging of objects.

After about a thirty seconds of chasing it, it managed to run up a disused chimney we have, enough so only its tail was visible. I waited a few minutes but it wasn't moving so I tried to pull it out but it just scrambled up further and stayed there for a while trembling. Anyway I felt slightly guilty at this point so left the room leaving all the doors open so it could escape. I checked the room every five minutes but it was only after about half an hour that it finally came out.

Anyway incase you think I was too mean, i'll post a picture of my cat so you can see how my actions were justified.

Jessie 1.jpg

Nice stories!

I don't have a pet but the other day there was a squirrel rolling in the garden, squirrels don't roll! Anyway, there was a big black bird watching it from the fence, the squirrel saw it and climbed up the fence and slowly walked towards it. It looked like they were friends, till the big bird started flying at the squirrel. The little fur ball legged it and the bird was chasing it all around the garden for literally 5mins... it was quite amusing.

Also quite a while ago I threw a cardboard box up in the air and it somehow ended up on the garage roof, and of course I could never be bothered to retrieve it. It's now been ripped to shreds mainly by birds, who I assume use it for nests.

We rescued a 5-month-old Corgi pup last December from an animal shelter and the little guy has the sweetest disposition. He never barked at anyone or anything, not even a little grrr-uff, and is extremely friendly.

In March my 7-year-old daughter had taken her bath and was drying herself on her favorite over-sized beach towel when she decided to scare Mom and Dad downstairs. She started at the head of the stairs and, covered completely by the towel, started belly-crawling down the stairs like some kind of bug. I think her plan was to inch down the stairs and then yell, "Boo!" when she reached the living room.

The dog, Max, spotted her about midway down and suddenly started barking his head off for the first time since we'd known him! My daughter panicked and rolled the rest of the way downstairs tangled up in her big towel. After the initial shock none of us could stop laughing since Max had scared us all worse than my daughter ever could have with that lame old jump-out-and-boo routine.

One funny thing happened my grey parrot. We were eating dinner, the parrot was on the table, eating rice and peas from my plate. Our cat jumps up on the table, sensing the smell of fish. She's just smelling around on the edge of the table, then the parrot runs towards the cat and bits her in the nose and says "kom då!"(Quite unusual because he never speaks to the animals in the house, only to people). kom då means Come on or come here in swedish. Well the cat runs away from the table, poor thing. But quite funny see the parrot act the way he did, especially speaking a phrase that happens to fit in the situation, and the irony of a bird chasing away a cat. But this has been the only confrontation between our cat and our parrot(except for one other time, but was minor).

Anyway' date=' there was a big black bird watching it from the fence, the squirrel saw it and climbed up the fence and slowly walked towards it. It looked like they were friends, till the big bird started flying at the squirrel. The little fur ball legged it and the bird was chasing it all around the garden for literally 5mins... it was quite amusing.

[/quote']

Thats wierd??? I've never seen a crow do that. For five minutes. Thats pretty wierd behaviour.

Also quite a while ago I threw a cardboard box up in the air and it somehow ended up on the garage roof,

Also wierd behaviour