What the bleep do we know?

JesuBungle

Hi, I had just watched this video last night and I was wondering if anyone has any more information on the subject of electrons, and other particles for that matter, being in more than one place at the same time. Such as when you see an object, that object is actually in your brain as well. I can vaguely grasp this concept, but I was hoping someone could elaborate or at least lead me in the right direction.

Such as when you see an object, that object is actually in your brain as well.
Err, well I'm looking at my computer monitor right now but I'm quite certain that it is not in my head, so what exactly do you mean?

A good example of when a particle seems to be in two places is in Young's Double Slit experiment. Whilst this was done with light the same results occur when you use electrons. In the experiment we see that the light (or electrons) go through both slits at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

Err' date=' well[b'] I'm looking at my computer monitor right now but I'm quite certain that it is not in my head[/b], so what exactly do you mean?

A good example of when a particle seems to be in two places is in Young's Double Slit experiment. Whilst this was done with light the same results occur when you use electrons. In the experiment we see that the light (or electrons) go through both slits at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

Certain or not quantum theory has every particle of it having some probability of it being in your head (and every particle of your head having some probability of it being where your monitor is) except when you are measuring and confirming that that is not the case.

So keep a close eye on it!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I don't believe anything after about the first 10 minutes of the movie. When they start saying that you can control things in the world with your brain, that's just kinda...eh. Also think I fell asleep during the part with all the blobs jumpin around at the wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

The movie's ideas have to be critically anylised, some may be true, some overly extraploated, some untrue:

peptides: create the chemical computer that is refered to as the subconcious, a good deal of evidence backs this up. Personally, I've found that after a few harrowing months, cleaning up my body and thoughts have helped me get past trauma.

hado - I haven't found any evidence this has been replicated -most likely false.

Fred Wolf - He wrote in one of his books that the universe contains at least 3*10^80 dimesions. I think he's got to lay off the LSD for a while.

The information on biology & petpides makes the ideas quite valuable, even though some of the physics is off.