One blue ball after 2 hours -- a sign of testicular torsion?

1veedo

I tried looking for a medical forums but couldn't really find any. I know I'm going to look back and see this as a stupid post but it seems pretty abnormal to me.

I had blue balls, you know, and after like twenty minuits my right testicle was fine. I have blue balls all the time and it's normally not that big a deal. Half an hour, most of the time, and it goes away. But my left testicle has continued to hurt -- over two hours after it started (the pain is also in my lower left abdomen). It doesn't hurt as bad as it did originally, but it's been the same grade of pain for the past hour and doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I looked on wikipedia, which says prostatic congestion will be prolonged if you have priapism (a boner lasting more than four hours) or an orchalgia ("chornic pain") and that this require immediate medical attention. One cause of this is testicular torsion.

It's 10:20 and I'd rather be in bed right now, for school, but I'm afraid to go to sleep until it stops hurting. If it really is a torsion then my left nut could be dead when I wake up.

Hopefully I'll be fine but right now I'm probably going to avoid my girlfriend till I see the docter. In an hour, if it's not better, I'm waking my parrents and going to the emergency room.

Totally sucks.

You should see a doctor. No one can make a diagnosis without a thorough history and physical. However, after you've seen the doctor and after he gives you his opinion, come back and tell me. I've got a whole slew of questions for you.

The first thing my doctor said was that it's probably a torsion and if it started to hurt w/o sexual activity to go to the ER. He sent me in for an ecothing and they didn't find anything "serious."

I can go in for the surgery to fix it but enduring 3 and a half to 4 hours of one blue ball is probably a lot more practical.

Has anybody had the surgery? How long were you in the hospital?

The first thing my doctor said was that it's probably a torsion and if it started to hurt w/o sexual activity to go to the ER. He sent me in for an ecothing and they didn't find anything "serious."

I can go in for the surgery to fix it but enduring 3 and a half to 4 hours of one blue ball is probably a lot more practical.

Has anybody had the surgery? How long were you in the hospital?

It very much depends on what kind of surgery, and I am not familiar with what you're suggesting :D

I do know someone who had a "growth" removed for that area ("How did I get three!!?" situation). Not sure how long the actual surgery was, but he was pretty much recovered after a few weeks.

I would worry more about what it costs, if insurance covers it, or most of it, I'd get it taken care of. Maybe if it didn't cover most of it :P

1veedo, you're lucky that it wasn't testicular tortion. A bad case can kill your testicals in a matter of hours. Although, a case bad enough to do that would cause enough pain to assure you a spot in the ER within minutes.

Yeah, I didn't go to the ER cause it wasn't "cronic." My doctor seems to think I need preventive surgery but I told him no. One of his patients lost a testicle to torsion and had complained about a prolonged blue ball the week before. But that's not enough to justify anything. It could have just been something wierd, not mean anything, and never happen again.