Has anyone ever had this after dream experience??

To start off, its that fun trick ever since you were young as you close your eyes and focusing on the blue shadows dancing under your eyelids which probably has to do with light sensitivity after a long day. Nows heres the wild shit, every time I wake up from a dream, whether it be nightmare, or a regular lucid whatever dream, I close my eyes again AND I can see the figures from my dream in darker glares since its under my eyelids. It can get scary at the point where you don't want to close your eyes!! Like I would see a bunch of weird shapes as you focus and sometimes those shapes will form actual persons faces, its also scary because you are really awake, from the stuff I seen and the motion works just like Hallucinations where these figures just fade off, although its under your eyelids, and I would see like glares of figures. The other night I saw a bunch of wierd Simpsons characters, and today I saw like some witch doctor going closer and closer. I think it has to do with the physiology of your body after waking up from REM after 10 min, because later on in fades off!! Lets share what you guys have !!! This can be a cheap inexpensive trip, heh.

This is a good demonstration of unconscious sensory projection. Although the eyes are wired to input data into the brain, current can also flow from the brain into the eyes and then bounce back into the brain to the visual sensory area, at the back of the brain. This current may be what causes the rapid eye movement during dreams. The unconscious mind is still active and partially conscious when we awaken from dreams and is still projecting the dream images and symbols.

If one walks in the woods at night, sometimes real environmental visual input data will overlap subjective internal sensory counterflow. This can make shadows look like animals or sinister figures. Projection can be more than emotional overlay, it can also be subjective sensory overlay.

In another forum topic I talked briefly about sensory expectation. This is the process of using a subjective sensory overlay to compare reality data. When the two data sources overlap, the real sensory data will meet our subjective sensory expectation.

It also could be that you are still in a state halfway between sleep and full conciousness.

sunspot, what you say makes no sense. Current can flow from the brain into the eyes? "Bounce"? I'd appreciate it if you stuck to things that have already been proven when a post asks for a factual answer, rather than speculation.

yah thanx sunspot and caps, even before Im about to sleep, I guess I start thinking weird random thoughts as If I was in a weird random dream, its a glitch system. That halfway state kicks ass sometimes, crazy trip when your eyes are fully awake and ur body is still there in no mans land.

• 2 weeks later...

The proof I have that current can flow into the eyes was connected to an eye exam I had. It was during a time of deep pondering about unknown things and I was not getting out enough but was in my imagination most of the time. My contact lenses begin to feel unconfortable. I went for an eye exam and found out my eyeball pressure was a little high. Once I understood the correlation I begin to take more time off, using my eyes for data input instead of imagination. The eyeball pressure went away and my contacts began to fit right again. The brain current was increasing the osmotic pressure in my eyes, especially my left one. The left is the conscious side of the brain, which I had been neglecting for the sake of right side creativity.

The brain current was increasing the osmotic pressure in my eyes, especially my left one. The left is the conscious side of the brain, which I had been neglecting for the sake of right side creativity.
How does "brain current" influence the osmolarity of the aqueous or vitreous humor? Even more, I don't think the brain can send a signal back through the optic nerve or have it bounce back. It's just not wired that way, it's a sensory nerve. Any "sensory projections" that take place likely occur within the brain itself. The signals need not reach the eyes and return.

This is a good demonstration of unconscious sensory projection. Although the eyes are wired to input data into the brain, current can also flow from the brain into the eyes and then bounce back into the brain to the visual sensory area, at the back of the brain. This current may be what causes the rapid eye movement during dreams. The unconscious mind is still active and partially conscious when we awaken from dreams and is still projecting the dream images and symbols.
You're doing it again sunspot, making stuff up and giving it an impressive sounding term.

What exactly is unconscious sensory projection? The process you describe makes no sense at all. You are confusing the optic and ocular motor systems. These are different systems and use different nerves. The optic nerve is afferent (sensory) and conducts information from the retina to the primary visual cortex. The ocular motor is efferent (motor) and controls eye movement (including REM).

If one walks in the woods at night, sometimes real environmental visual input data will overlap subjective internal sensory counterflow. This can make shadows look like animals or sinister figures. Projection can be more than emotional overlay, it can also be subjective sensory overlay.
You are (partly) talking about top down processes; the process that things like the Rorschach test rely on. This happens in the brain, not the eye. The rest of what you are saying is just pants.

In another forum topic I talked briefly about sensory expectation. This is the process of using a subjective sensory overlay to compare reality data. When the two data sources overlap, the real sensory data will meet our subjective sensory expectation.
You didn't make a lot of sense in that thread either, as you were making stuff up there too.

Hypnogogic and Hypnopomic states are often responsible for these images and yes some can seem quite real and a little scary.

it might be worth looking those terms up and doing a bit of reading, I know one is the waking state and the other is the one just before you fall asleep, I just can never remember which one`s which :)

Hypnogogic and Hypnopomic states are often responsible for these images and yes some can seem quite real and a little scary.

it might be worth looking those terms up and doing a bit of reading' date=' I know one is the waking state and the other is the one just before you fall asleep, I just can never remember which one`s which :)[/quote']

Is there ever a time when you don't know the answer to a question, YT?;)

• 3 weeks later...
Nows heres the wild shit, every time I wake up from a dream, whether it be nightmare, or a regular lucid whatever dream, I close my eyes again AND I can see the figures from my dream in darker glares since its under my eyelids. It can get scary at the point where you don't want to close your eyes!!

I often find that when I close my eyes after seeing the same sight for a while, such as watching firworks, I close my eyes and see it continue. I don't know why.