repulbican and democrat

bobby

They're both useless kid. Subscribing to an idealogy shows that you are incapable of making decisions.

Essentially though democrats, or liberals, tend to believe in helping the little guy and get a lot of crap for raising tax money because they actually believe in funding programs and not just going further into debt. The republican party is full of big businessmen who use the ignorance of the relgious majority against them to gain support and loot the nation blind. Republicans, or conservatives, claim to believe in limitied government, but they'd be the first of the two parties to declare martial law and like to regulate what happens in bedrooms and reproductive rights (though they do both to get votes and I doubt they really care about either). They also tend to invade other nations at will, for no clearly definied reason and with no clear plan, but appararently for war profiteering for those among them.

An extreme democrat is a communist. An extreme republican is a fascist. That's the simplest way to put it.

But once again, it's all crap.

They're both useless kid. Subscribing to an idealogy shows that you are incapable of making decisions.

Essentially though democrats' date=' or liberals, tend to believe in helping the little guy and get a lot of crap for raising tax money because they actually believe in funding programs and not just going further into debt. The republican party is full of big businessmen who use the ignorance of the relgious majority against them to gain support and loot the nation blind. Republicans, or conservatives, claim to believe in limitied government, but they'd be the first of the two parties to declare martial law and like to regulate what happens in bedrooms and reproductive rights (though they do both to get votes and I doubt they really care about either). They also tend to invade other nations at will, for no clearly definied reason and with no clear plan, but appararently for war profiteering for those among them.

An extreme democrat is a communist. An extreme republican is a fascist. That's the simplest way to put it.

But once again, it's all crap.[/quote']

so, democrat is the lesser of the two evils?:D

so, democrat is the lesser of the two evils?

Well, that depends. Facism appeals to some people, but I'm more of a communist because I don't believe that money has value. However, it should be noted that while being idealogs the democrats are poorly organized. The replicans function like the borg on Star Trek The Next Generation, and there should be something said for that considering the game they're playing.

It also should be noted that democrats are ninnies. I'm not saying that because they're not as willing to invade other nations at will, but because movements like trying to make teachers to not use red ink when grading because it causes anxiety in school children.

Honestly since we're in a representative government it would be nice for the Senator from Kansas to be the Senator from Kansas and not be the Republican Senator from Kansas so he or she can represent our state on a per issue basis and not some other entity that appears to have a blanket approach to all issues.

Frankly, parties should be outlawed if we hope to make any progress at all.

there is a difference between a lack of commitment to ideology and a commitment to non-ideology.

also:

idealogy provides precanned answers, not having one lets the issue be the issue and not just another part of a stance. no idealogy is not an idealogy

It's true that baldly insisting that a moderate position is best, without supporting that position with reasoned discourse over time, amounts to the same thing as an ideology. There are plenty of people in this country, for example, who run around proclaiming that all Democrats and Republicans are evil and corrupt, and you can't trust any of them. They don't KNOW that's the case, they simply assume it, for the same poor reasons that others condemn all Democrats or all Republicans.

That having been said, there is a difference between someone who has an open mind and refrains from easy conclusions and simple answers, and someone who jumps on every bandwagon proferred by their fellow partisans. While I believe that open-minded people can exist as a moderate, a Democrat, or a Republican, it has been my general experience that the further one gets from the center, the less likely the person is to be objective and open-minded.

Can I prove that? Nope. But here's the real point: I'm open to the possibility. Can ideologues say the same?

Of course not. I've discussed other political positions before on these boards, as well as my Libertarian vote for House of Representatives in 2004, and why I felt that vote actually carried weight as opposed to being an empty gesture.

That question says more about you than it does about me.

Silkworm,

Pangloss, is moderate the only other category you have?

Instead of being moderate, someone can always be pragmatic, where they pick and choose the political ideas that just get the job done rather than the ones that match any ideology. The US Green party is very pragmatic, although they predictably lean to the left on social issues and lean to the right on economic ones.

And instead of being a Democrat, Republican, or moderate, theres also the category of single-issue voters. Even though Democrats and Republicans have defined foreign policy and guns, a lot of people are just apathetic on those platforms and will vote for the party who supports their opinion on abortion or gay rights.

:)

IMHO, republicans and democrats are just pov's. Generally, I think that republicans support big business and crush "small" things like smaller businesses and want to lower taxes. Democrats are just the opposite. How you look at them is just point of view.

It's pretty obvious you're not a fan of the republican's herpguy, considering your biased POV.

Republicans believe in the trickle down affect... that is there is a strong wealthy class, they can invest money into the businesess, and the working class will, in turn, benefit from that. It's not that they want to "crush" small businesses, it's just that big business is a lot safer, in terms of investment.

That question says more about you than it does about me.

What does it say about me? I was just asking you a question. You're the """expert""" here right?

be careful... there are plenty of liberals who hate the dems.

I know and there are plenty of republicans who hate christians. I was just using the generic stereoptype.

Instead of being moderate' date=' someone can always be pragmatic, where they pick and choose the political ideas that just get the job done rather than the ones that match any ideology. The US Green party is very pragmatic, although they predictably lean to the left on social issues and lean to the right on economic ones.

And instead of being a Democrat, Republican, or moderate, theres also the category of single-issue voters. Even though Democrats and Republicans have defined foreign policy and guns, a lot of people are just apathetic on those platforms and will vote for the party who supports their opinion on abortion or gay rights.[/quote']

Agreed about the abortion and gay rights, especially since most of the republican party either A) doesn't seem to really care or B) realizes that when abortion is legal and gays are finally set ablaze in public forums to pay for their godless behavior they'll have nothing else to get votes with and, worse, the people who vote for them may pay attention to what they're actually doing.

But still, parties are bad. The Green Party appears to be charming enough but it seems as though the party is doing things that its representatives don't want it to do. They'd all be better off as independent representatives from their respective areas who were each themselves pragmatic. Less mistakes will be made that way and maybe more representatives would actually start reading and thinking about the bills they vote on.

Of course, to get there it's up to us to fire these... you know what they are.

Silkworm' date='

Instead of being moderate, someone can always be pragmatic, where they pick and choose the political ideas that just get the job done rather than the ones that match any ideology. The US Green party is very pragmatic, although they predictably lean to the left on social issues and lean to the right on economic ones.

And instead of being a Democrat, Republican, or moderate, theres also the category of single-issue voters. Even though Democrats and Republicans have defined foreign policy and guns, a lot of people are just apathetic on those platforms and will vote for the party who supports their opinion on abortion or gay rights.

:)[/quote']

I whole heartedly agree that the Green Party is a pragmatic alternative to the Democrats. Hopefully they will have a viable candidate in the next election. Also, Ralph Nader is a great American whom any democrat would be foolish not to vote for if he runs as an independent. In an ideal world, the green party and Nader will garner around 15-17% of the total vote. ;)

I whole heartedly agree that the Green Party is a pragmatic alternative to the Democrats. Ralph Nader is a great American whom any democrat would be foolish not to vote for in the next Presidential election. ;)

He has been a consistent choice on the ballots for many years now... even if I don't agree with his ideas, I have to admire the man's dedication.

Agreed about the abortion and gay rights, especially since most of the republican party . . . realizes that when abortion is legal and gays are finally set ablaze in public forums to pay for their godless behavior they'll have nothing else to get votes with and, worse, the people who vote for them may pay attention to what they're actually doing.

You are surely not saying that most republicans want to set gays ablaze in public forums to pay for their godless behavior?

He has been a consistent choice on the ballots for many years now... even if I don't agree with his ideas, I have to admire the man's dedication.

I completely agree that you should vote for him instead of the democratic candidate.

It's pretty obvious you're not a fan of the republican's herpguy, considering your biased POV.

I'm not a fan of republicans, nor a fan of democrats. I have my own way of viewing the world.

Republicans believe in the trickle down affect... that is there is a strong wealthy class, they can invest money into the businesess, and the working class will, in turn, benefit from that. It's not that they want to "crush" small businesses, it's just that big business is a lot safer, in terms of investment.

Investing in big business is sort of crushing smaller ones. Sure, it's a smart way to go...if you want money. You are basically not giving smaller businesses a chance if you work that way. Oh yeah, and how do you expect the "working class" to benefit if they have no money?!?

You are surely not saying that most republicans want to set gays ablaze in public forums to pay for their godless behavior?

That depends. By republicans do you mean the people who hold elective office as republicans or the people who vote for them? And is Hell public? I consider it public.