Protected Program by TV-14

1veedo

I get this error on my TV. I think it's a v-chip thing but I don't know how it would have got set. I think it changed itself cause it was working like 3 hours ago. Maybe I sat on the remote or the TV got struck by lightning. I dont know. But now, it doesn't work. My parrents definitely did not put parrental blocking on it -- but this is a v-chip message, isn't it? How do you fix the TV?

Ye, that is a V-chip error.

I think the protection is password protected, find the option menu and type in the password. If you don't know the password I don't know if there is an alternative way round, there probably is some method of resetting it.

Try looking it up in the manual.

Is this a new TV?

And are you sure it hasn't always been activated (by manufacture)? Or activated by a previous owner?

And when exactly does it appear?

I'm not sure how it got set. It's new' date=' kindof, but it's never censored my shows before.

I got it fixed, though. The password is 0000 -- probably the default or something.[/quote']

This is why I always make my passwords 1234 on electronics... I never remember complicated numbers.

My TV stopped working today too. When I switch it on, it comes on for a fraction of a second and then switches itself off again.

I am not sure what is wrong, but I was wondering if it is a static charge build up. I will try leaving it unplugged for a few days to see if that helps. I can't really afford a new TV right now :(

Err, I don't know what to suggest.

Turns on then turns itself off...

Has leaving it unplugged helped?

Sounds more like an internal problem (ie. inside the electronics of the TV). Maybe if there was a lightning strike and it hit your TV aerial and went down into the TV which can muck it up... happened to me (except it ruined the video player because that was there aerial fed into).

My TV stopped working today too. When I switch it on' date=' it comes on for a fraction of a second and then switches itself off again.

I am not sure what is wrong, but I was wondering if it is a static charge build up. I will try leaving it unplugged for a few days to see if that helps. I can't really afford a new TV right now :([/quote']Sounds like a Quality Control Chip function. Your TV must have a chip that analyzes the quality of the current programs and if nothing worthwhile is on it shuts down.

You lucky dog! ;)

Err' date=' I don't know what to suggest.

Turns on then turns itself off...

Has leaving it unplugged helped?

[/quote']

Leaving it unplugged for a couple of days worked the last time this happened, but not this time :(

Sounds more like an internal problem (ie. inside the electronics of the TV). Maybe if there was a lightning strike and it hit your TV aerial and went down into the TV which can muck it up... happened to me (except it ruined the video player because that was there aerial fed into).

There was no storm recently, and the aerial feeds into the sky box, which is ok. Well, someone is coming around tomorrow to take a look at it.