Sneezing a form of exercise?

1veedo

Some crazy Canadian scientists think that sneezing is a good form of exercise, equivalent to 300-some sit-ups. My girlfriend's mother (very big) was offered a shitload of money to take part in an experiment. $750, I think every month, plus $350 for my girlfriend to be part of it (who is, btw, very skinny and definitely does not need to loose any weight). They said that her mom will loose a bunch of weight, just like she would if she started working out, and my girlfriend is supposed to get "toned" muscles -- the equivalent of her working out.

But sneezing? It'd be pretty cool if sneezing could be an easy alternative to lifting weights. I don't know, but I guess some university in Canada's tryign to find out. Giving $750 - $350 a person they must want to know pretty bad.

I guess sneezing kind of works your abs a little. 300 or so situps is a bit far fetched though. That many situps is near impossible and I've never sneezed hard enough to be sore the next day.

Isnt excessive sneezing bad for your heart?

Well when my hayfever gets going real good i can sneeze maybe 1000 times a day and my heart is in perfect condition. i'm also still a bit chubby so i doubt the "excersise" works. and its proper blow the wall down sneezes

Isnt excessive sneezing bad for your heart?
Sneezing is a result of irritants attacking your nose and throat. It's more likely that whatever is irritating you would be worse for your heart than sneezing itself. I'm more concerned with what they would be giving these experiment participants to make them sneeze excessively.

This "doctor" is not familiar with excercise and how it relates to the body. He thinks muscle contraction is synonmous with excercise. Calories burned, resistance, and range of motion are other factors not accurately accounted for. Case in point, I should be able to sit in a chair, tense every muslce in body and get "fit". He's either bored or ignorant, but definitely in the dark ages of excercise and physiology. As the English say, RUBBISH!

interesting to see how they promote it on daytime TV like they do all the other lazy people ways of getting fit, might formulate a special 'Sneezing Lotion' That and how irritating would it be for the people having to put up with the sneezing of the people trying to get fit? at least the amazing supa doopa fold away ab fixer doesnt come with any irritating noises,