Axokine, the weightloss drug of the future?

deep

The new thinking among obesity researchers is that since there are a variety of causes of obesity, a variety of approaches are needed to fight it, Snyderman says. So a menu of drugs, including some that may be prescribed in combination, are being developed to treat the condition in different ways.

Since 1991, adult obesity, defined as being about 30 pounds overweight, has risen an astounding 60 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Every year, about $30 billion is spent on weight-loss remedies in the United States alone, and the U.S. market for prescription anti-obesity drugs rang up $296 million in 2000, according to health-care consulting firm IMS Health.

Clinical trials show that people on axokine lost nearly 10 pounds over 12 weeks of treatment, and kept it off for at least six weeks after discontinuing the drug.

Read all about Axokine, here.

So be it for our society to find the lazy way into weight loss.

Sure this fixes obesity, but it doesn't fix internal strenght of muscle's or lungs. To me, this seems like an easy way for anorexics to speed up the process of killing themselves, more exercise should be considered, and less weight loss drugs prescribed.

If a combination of the two is to be utilized, it's no better than the over-the-counter drug Xenodren, which is also abused by many.

Natural Health is the best Health.

If you give a insatiable eater pills then your just giving them one more thing to eat.

I think they should just drink water from Mexico for a couple months. Then switch to water from Uganda, and next from India.

I could guarantee they will lose weight, no pills, natural.:toilet:

Just aman

I agree with kenel, but as my dad always says about patients "Everyone wants a quick fix; a bandaid. No one wants to get at the root of the problem anymore."

Anyhow...everytime someone tells me they are on a diet, I ask why?

If they say to lose weight, I say, "Great, I assume you're going to be using the treadmill too right?"

I'm telling you, if you want to lose weight, don't look for some pill. Eat healthy and EXCERCISE!!!! Its the only way to LOSE weight and KEEP it off.

</rant>

I still don't understand the prejudice against healthy genetically engineered foods or Gamma radiated foods which can be tested and proven safe but people still will pop all sorts of chemicals into their bodies they have no idea about.

Sometimes I wish we had a few Vulcans here knocking some sense into peoples heads.:doh: :doh:

My motto has always been, practice moderation in all my excesses. In the USA we are exposed to all sorts of opportunities for excess and you don't have to be rich to practice excess.:nono:

Now if you can stay thin and still eat way to much it will only make the character weak.

And where does all that food go?:toilet:

Just aman

• 7 months later...

The Magic bullet for Type II diabettes was "Starlix" but it only works with "some" people. I gave it a try. No effect. Turns out it works great..on aboit 3 out of 25 people. I am one of the other 22.

Chemistry is far from perfecting this "Magic Bullet" idea. Genetic therapy will be the magic bullet I believe.

Bill

Originally posted by kenel

Everyone wants immediate gratification, despite the possible risks. I blame it on Hollywood.

Yes...we have turned America into the "instant gratification" society. Explains public schools.

Bill