black hole+bermuba triangle=?

tejaswini

I think it would fall all the way to the core of the Earth where the centre of gravity is' date=' then pull everything else into it.

My guess would be: how fast would it take to fall to the middle of the Earth? It would take that long, x2 - once for the black hole then once for everything else.[/quote']

How can it fall through the earth? Or maybe I just don't know much about black holes...

• 3 weeks later...
If there was a black whole the size of a marble on earth, How fast would it consume us?

probably less than a minute. because the more it eats, the greater its mass(duh) and the stronger its gravitational pull would be, so the speed of consumption would increase exponetoly over a short period of time. and by the time it "ate" the earth its gravity would be enough to start pulling the rest of the solar system, and eventuly eating it all.

i don't know the formula for its eating rate, im sure somone here could figure it out.

A black hole the size of a marble would have about the same mass as the entire Earth, so we'd be destroyed basically immediately.

It wouldn't destroy the rest of the solar system. If the Earth suddenly were turned into a black hole, it wouldn't affect anything else. It would still have the same mass, and still occupy the same orbit around the sun. The moon would still orbit around it in the same way, as well as manmade satellites. How could they not? Same mass = same gravity.

At the same distance away from the center, there's no difference whatsoever. So yes, if you were standing right next to an Earth-mass black hole, the gravity would be enormous compared to what we experience here on the surface of Earth, because the surface is 4000 miles away from the center, and gravity decreases with the square of the distance from the center. If you were to move 4000 miles away from the black hole, the gravity would be the same as on Earth's surface. Hence, satellites and the moon and everything else would continue orbiting as if the Earth was still there, because the gravity the black hole exerts would be the same.