Second Coming

Guest lººk

I had a dream somewhile ago. In this dream, I was in a city, a big city. I was driving my car around this city. Finally I come upon a goverment/state building to my right side of my car. The building was like the Congress Building in Austin, TX. Then I saw a message in the clouds saying:

"Jesus is Coming. For Jesus is never wrong."

Dream ended.

My guess is Jesus is coming soon. When? I don't know. Only Father knows.

lººk

I had a dream somewhile ago. In this dream' date=' I was in a city, a big city. I was driving my car around this city. Finally I come upon a goverment/state building to my right side of my car. The building was like the Congress Building in Austin, TX. Then I saw a message in the clouds saying:

Dream ended.

My guess is Jesus is coming soon. When? I don't know. Only Father knows.

lººk[/quote']

Dreams rarely translate the same in real life. "Jesus is Coming" could mean you're going to get a new dog or something. In that case you can tag it to anything and call it a little bit of foresight.

Most likely it means something else....although you never know...

Look,

I had a dream somewhile ago. In this dream' date=' I was in a city, a big city. I was driving my car around this city. Finally I come upon a goverment/state building to my right side of my car. The building was like the Congress Building in Austin, TX. Then I saw a message in the clouds saying:

Dream ended.

My guess is Jesus is coming soon. When? I don't know. Only Father knows.[/quote']

And I had a dream about dancing to the song "What is Love" in the rain in a sweatshirt and miniskirt. But thats all it is, just a dream.

Are you familiar with the Millerites? They were a group who predicted the Second Coming of Jesus in 1844, they became the modern Seventh-day Adventists today.

A few Millerites became the Jehova's Witnesses that we know today. JW's predicted Jesus would come back in 1976, but he never showed up.

Founder of Christian Methodists, Charles Wesley, believed the Second Coming was due in 1794.

The apostle Paul, when he wrote his letters, believed Jesus Christ would come back before the end of his generation. The author of Matthew entertained a similar belief: "28I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom. (Matt 16:28)", "I tell you the truth, this generation[a] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. (Matt 24:34)". Both Paul and the author of Matthew believed armaggeddon was imminent, but it never happened.

Literally millions of people have been predicting the Second Coming, but it never happens. I've noticed that end-times predictions almost always correspond with a time relatively close (within a single generation) to when an end-times "prophet" make his or her prediction. It seems every end-times prophet thinks there is something special about his own generation, that out of all other generations it is the one. But there isnt. And the Rapture will never happen.

I recommend taking your mind off the second coming of Christ entirely. I once knew a guy who would have panic attacks because he thought the Rapture had happened and he'd been left behind. He would call up his friends and family all the time in the middle of the night to make sure they were still there, and that Jesus hadnt arrived yet. He became a depressed wreck of a person for about two years, to the point of becoming suicidal. He's since snapped out of it after going to a different church, but I feel really bad that he'd lost so much his life and happiness for such futile and superstitious beliefs.

I had a dream somewhile ago. In this dream, I was in a city, a big city. I was driving my car around this city. Finally I come upon a goverment/state building to my right side of my car. The building was like the Congress Building in Austin, TX. Then I saw a message in the clouds saying:

Dream symbols are all parts of one's own personality. They have less to do with direct external things, although these external things are brought to consciousness to give information about aspects of ourself that may only be semi-conscious or fully unconscious.

You driving the car is implicit of the way you go about life. It is the personna or mask of the ego. The car symbol shows a type of mechanical personnoa, that is more structured/routine and less spontaneous. The right side is the right arm and symbolizes your intellect. The large city and congress building shows a personna type extension that is associated with cultural/politics. This could mean something like acting mechanically within the intellectual confines of social expectation.

The words of Christ appearing in the clouds; he is coming, is symbolic of something analogus to blue sky research, i.e., speculation that is not yet tangible but contains the seeds of discovery. The white clouds shows something intuitive (in the air). This could mean a type of gut feeling about a rebirth about to happen that makes you more spontaneous with respect to the good that is really inside of you.

And I had a dream about dancing to the song "What is Love" in the rain in a sweatshirt and miniskirt. But thats all it is, just a dream

The rain is sort of a second stage of clouds. It is no longer in the air but is coming down to the earth as water. This shows an intutition is beginning to be conscious via rational thoughts. The clothing, the sweatshirt on the top and mini skirt on the bottom, indicates your gut feeling with respect to the symbolic soul (top) and symbolic body (bottom).

The soul are thoughts and feelings (right and left arms and heart). The sweatshirt is a workout outfit or a causual outfit. This implies that the emotional and intellectual aspect of love being causual or maybe even a type of workout. The mini skirt, i.e., both legs coming out together, shows a natural integration of your body/instincts; a natural physical connection.

The singing of the song comes out of the mouth or head. This is the symbolic spirit side. It would represent deep seated ideas and beliefs which mold your soul and body. The song,"what is love" is a question about love. The rest of the symbols shows something becoming conscious which is the current state of affairs as described above.

Literally millions of people have been predicting the Second Coming' date=' but it never happens . . . . And the Rapture will never happen.[/quote'] Heh, Homer Simpson got it right.

I recommend taking your mind off the second coming of Christ entirely. I once knew a guy who would have panic attacks because he thought the Rapture had happened and he'd been left behind.
I can't imagine how terrifying and mentally destructive that kind of anxiety would be.

I can't imagine how terrifying and mentally destructive that kind of anxiety would be.

Knowing a few fundies myself, I can.

It seems to comes from the curious dichotomy of having both a superiority and inferiority complex at exactly the same time.

They are taught that by being part of their particular sect they are the "chosen", the "elect of God" and as such can look down on the rest of humanity with sadness and pity. In short they are feeling superior to the rest of humanity.

At the same time, it is drilled into them that they are "unworthy in the eyes of God", they are sinful, prideful, weak and flawed. They have no intrinsic worth of their own, all that they are is owed to God. Hence there is a great fear of losing the favour of God.

[A similar phenomenon is observed in people who rate themselves by their partner. The woman who has to have the richest or most handsome husband (preferably both) is severely put out when someone else has a richer more handsome husband. The man who has to have the most beautiful wife will always be on the lookout for someone who has a prettier woman.]

Basically, it messes royally with their heads.

Sunspot,

It probably isnt apparent but I'm a very girly girl, and have a closet full of skirts and dresses. I dont wear shorts because they are ugly, and I only wear pants when its cold. *says IMM as she flutters around cutely in her skirt behind her keyboard*

The rain is sort of a second stage of clouds. It is no longer in the air but is coming down to the earth as water. This shows an intutition is beginning to be conscious via rational thoughts. The clothing' date=' the sweatshirt on the top and mini skirt on the bottom, indicates your gut feeling with respect to the symbolic soul (top) and symbolic body (bottom).

The soul are thoughts and feelings (right and left arms and heart). The sweatshirt is a workout outfit or a causual outfit. This implies that the emotional and intellectual aspect of love being causual or maybe even a type of workout. The mini skirt, i.e., both legs coming out together, shows a natural integration of your body/instincts; a natural physical connection.

The singing of the song comes out of the mouth or head. This is the symbolic spirit side. It would represent deep seated ideas and beliefs which mold your soul and body. The song,"what is love" is a question about love. The rest of the symbols shows something becoming conscious which is the current state of affairs as described above.[/quote']

Can you explain the part when I'm the size of Godzilla and knocking down the AOL building? ;)

[/off topic]

• 3 weeks later...
"Jesus is Coming. For Jesus is never wrong."My guess is Jesus is coming soon. When? I don't know. Only Father knows.lººk

I don't believe Jesus have a will to come. The only thing his father knows is how to lie and to give a pain.

And I had a dream about dancing to the song "What is Love" in the rain in a sweatshirt and miniskirt.

I had that dream too!

Was the sweatshirt blue

and said, "Just Me and You"?

I was watching you dance

and then took a chance

The rain made the shirt damp

you kept doing the rain vamp

You continued to groove it

I tried to help remove it

As you kicked me I was dreaming

and then I woke up screaming,

"Don't hurt me no more!" :embarass: