Is Time Limited?

Guest Shizaam

Guest Shizaam

My Business Teacher thinks time is limited. But then she thinks that Kiwis have four legs. And I want to bum her out. I don't think Time is limited because the universe will go on forever. But the time We Have is limited.

Please post's your thoughts on this. Is Time Limited?

And if you wanna be really helpful you can think of a flashy speech I could use to bum her out with tommorow...:D or you know just one line would be fine :D

Thanx Shizaam!

I see an immense progressive trend in human development which I think is being repeated elsewhere in the universe/multiverse and believe it's a manifestation of an earlier trend in fecund universes themselves.

I believe this trend will ultimately result in reaching eschaton, the end of the universe.

So yes, I don't believe "forever" is a valid concept, and believe causality has a finite "length"

I seriously doubt anything scientific may be said of this.

I believe this trend will ultimately result in reaching eschaton' date=' the end of the universe.

So yes, I don't believe "forever" is a valid concept, and believe causality has a finite "length"

I seriously doubt anything scientific may be said of this.[/quote']

Doesn't this depend to an extent on the value of that elusive lambda ?

If lambda is too high, the universe will expand at an ever-increasing rate, and time surely would go on indefinitely, even if the material in the universe approached infinite sparseness. On the other hand I suppose it's possible something catastrophic might come about even in those instances given the vast amount of vacuum energy that would be created in an indefinitely expanding universe.

This is not something anybody knows, since there is a lot we dont know about the nature of time. Like did time have a begining? Is it meaningful to talk about time before the big bang? How did time "start", if indeed it actually did ever start?

But you definately can not say for a fact that time is limited. As you pointed out our time, or the time for our universe is limited, but time itself? Who knows.

A close question to whether time is limited is whether it loops back on itself. Is the time we experience now the same time as we experienced before or will experience again? Yet another closely related issue is whether time actually exists or not. If time is equivalent to a fourth spatial dimension, then everything that ever was or will be is present now.

Guest ecardica

We don't know whether there actually is a start or end point in time. As humans we believe that everything has to have a start and an end, that might not be the case with some things however. Time is most likely infinite, hard to say for sure though.

Things we may not know anytime usually do not exists.

same is with Time ' date='it is we humans who invented it for our own

reasons.[/quote']

yes, human's invented a way to keep track of time. But we didn't inven time.