yes they are hearing voices

mr d

hello

when people claim they are hearing voices, or seeing things, i've come to the conclusion they really are.

why, because of the brain being wired incorrectly or a chemical imbalance causing incorrect functionality. what they are experiencing are auditory and vision playbacks of images and sounds stored in the brain.

most people reading this will have heard a train whistle as it was coming towards you in your life. just bring it up in your mind, can you heard it.

now imagine do to physical or enviormental damage to your mind you loose the ability to control when that sound memory is called up. you could be at work or school or walking down the street when your brain calls up the sound on its own with no conscious effert on your part. you would react as if a train was coming towards you. the same would apply for an image from a movie you saw.

if you had no way to tell that it was a call back image, it becomes reality for you. and as you would have no means of knowing what was a call back, you could not tell if what you saw about you was real or not. those people who are talking to you, are they really there, could you trust what you see and hear.

any other ideas

strange thoughts

mr d

One only needs to look how the sensory systems work to explain your intutition. The eyes for example, absorb light energy. This fires dendrite style processes within the eyeball, which are transmitted into the brain as signals that fire visual/sensory neurons. These particular firing neurons make us conscious of the visual stimuli. If the same sensory neurons were to consciously or spontaneously fire with our eyes closed, it would create the same sensory perception for consciousness. This allows us to see things in our imagination.

Picture this. If the same sensory neurons fired, since the eyes are wired into these neurons, neural signals can theoretically flow counter to the normal direction of visual current. These signals bounce off the eyeball, so to speak, and flow back into the brain, reinforcing the firing of the sensory neurons. The result will be a visual hallucination stemming from within, but appearing to have a connection to the visual sensors.

One good example of this is being in love. When one is in love they will see an ideal image of their loved one, which may or may not reflect reality. After the love spell weakens, one will begin to see the reality of the person. If the pendulum swings too far the other way, one may now only see a distorted picture of their once loved one, based on primarily negative perception. Reality is somewhere in the middle.

the same would apply for an image from a movie you saw.

if you had no way to tell that it was a call back image' date=' it becomes reality for you.[/quote']

the only question I have about that whole thing is, wouldn`t you also see the TV you were watching it on too?

hello

when people claim they are hearing voices' date=' or seeing things, i've come to the conclusion they really are.

why, because of the brain being wired incorrectly or a chemical imbalance causing incorrect functionality. what they are experiencing are auditory and vision playbacks of images and sounds stored in the brain.

most people reading this will have heard a train whistle as it was coming towards you in your life. just bring it up in your mind, can you heard it.

now imagine do to physical or enviormental damage to your mind you loose the ability to control when that sound memory is called up. you could be at work or school or walking down the street when your brain calls up the sound on its own with no conscious effert on your part. you would react as if a train was coming towards you. the same would apply for an image from a movie you saw.

if you had no way to tell that it was a call back image, it becomes reality for you. and as you would have no means of knowing what was a call back, you could not tell if what you saw about you was real or not. those people who are talking to you, are they really there, could you trust what you see and hear.

any other ideas

strange thoughts

mr d[/quote']

I think in many cases what your saying is true for example seizures which can cause parts of you brain involved in memory to become over stimulated with the result of extremely vivid memories being conjured up. Read Oliver Sacks ''the man who mistook for his wife for a hat'' for some good examples

However this is very rare and when looking at the behaviour and accounts of people with mental illness, you would realize there is no connection with memory.

For example some scitzophrnics may talk to plant pot for hours and see the plant pot move its mouth and hear the plant pot talking back which surley can't be attributed to some distant memory being relived.

...when people claim they are hearing voices' date=' or seeing things, i've come to the conclusion they really are.

why, because of the brain being wired incorrectly or a chemical imbalance causing incorrect functionality...[/quote']

As a matter of fact, we all hear voices and see things that are not there. The difference is we only hear voices in our dreams while asleep, but schizophrenics hear voices both in their sleeping and waking time.

However, as no one would say that hearing voices while asleep is "because of the brain being wired incorrectly or a chemical imbalance causing incorrect functionality", I would take a skeptical attitude about this reasoning and search for more scientific explanation.

hello

when people claim they are hearing voices' date=' or seeing things, i've come to the conclusion they really are.

any other ideas

strange thoughts

mr d[/quote']

That is an idea I have been tackling for a while now, and I really believe that it is an explanation to ghosts. Probably subconscious, because I have heard accounts of families hearing children in their attics playing. I really think that since the sound might not actually be occuring, the brain has a subconscious system that plays on their common thought and fear and auditory understanding, in other words, making the sound. I think that is exactly what ghosts are.

I would take a skeptical attitude about this reasoning and search for more scientific explanation.

Perhaps rather than incorrect wiring, it has to do with the subconscious interfering with the conscious directly? Not to mention, people also claim things out of adrenaline and they sort of 'want' to hear and see things.

...Perhaps rather than incorrect wiring, it has to do with the subconscious interfering with the conscious directly?..

I agree. I think that was what Freud tried to point out in The Interpretation of Dreams.

"Dreams a brief insanity, and insanity a long dream" (Schopenhauer in Freud).

i haven't really kept up with this post.

but i can re-listion to a song or sound from the memory of it.

ive always had Vivid memories

it won't be nearly as loud,

kind of a quiet echo.

or even make a new sound.

i haven't made an image, to much chance of me going insaine. scary how vivid the imagination can be

hellohello

glad to hear other thoughts on the subject.

about schizophrenics, they may not be hearing or seeing exact memory sound or images, but ones created from those of the person afflected.

imagine in your mind a space station, go ahead and build it, add some people walking around in eva-suits. i think most people would have no problem doing so.

bet if we take a close look at your station we will find ideas and elements borrowed from star trek, star wars, 2001...

etc...etc. but your mind can combine them in new ways and create new ones from whole cloth.

where the mind enters is its inability to control when these images are viewed and how they are interpreted.

ghosts? possible always hear about strange magnetic fields in relation to ghosts. and researchers have found magnetic fields can effect memory and perception.

think a lot of ghost may actually be recordings from the past. some day will list my idea if i can figure out what

would be the appropriate forum.

strange thoughts mr d.

Maybe there is a wall between the conscious and unconscious minds. In a normal person the wall prevents dream voices from reaching the threshold of consciousness. With a schizophrenic, the wall is more permeable allowing these dream voices to reach the level of consciousness. What may be going on in the unconscious mind is a reorganization of memories or a lowering of unconscious potential. During dreams, the power or will of the ego is reduced and external distraction minimized. This may allow more consciousness of unconscious processes. Another explanation is the ego returning to the unconscious mind during sleep.

Well when people think in their head, its a voice (or at least I assume it is or it may just be that I'm crazy :D). This is your brain having the ability to create audio signals that have no origin from the outside world. Same when you think of an image in your head.