electrical propulsion

hello1

Dear Sir,

I wonder if this method is viable.

If a space ship beams enough electrons to a near by body, the positive charged space ship will be accelerating to the negative changed body.

Or maybe we can etectrify the space around a space ship to propulsion in some way.

Thank you for help!

Sincerely,

Joe

Yeah the Ion Drive looks like it might be a reasonably effective way of getting probes about the solar system. Sort of the flipside from a chemical rocket, very very light thrust (I've read about it being compared to the weight of a sheet of paper) but it keeps going and going and in the vaccum of space it eventually builds up to truly tremendous speeds, of course over a very long time ;) !

something similar to that already exists' date=' it`s a Xenon based ion drive.

there`s not a fantastic amount of thrust, but that which is present is Very fast! :)[/quote']

I don't think the OP was talking about action/reaction force drive. He's proposing charging up the target so there's an electrostatic force between two objects.

::Goes and looks::

Dear god, that site is crap. And the graphics look like they were drawn by a retarded monkey.

The link to the "Forum" just shows Hello1 here at another forum, where they tell him *precisely the same thing we did*. Gee, those pesky facts, they just keep turning up to ruin your plans.

I suggest that Hello1 leave physics alone and concentrate on preparing for a job in his most likely future field. Remember to ask "Do you want fries with that?".

Mokele

Yes' date=' thank you!

Do you know why they closed the shout the moon thread?[/quote']

"when I got this idea, was drunk on highlife beer."

You have to ask? Or, if you have to ask, it's pointless to try and explain.

But it was closed before I got a chance to say that the moon is already accelerating toward the earth.

• 1 month later...