Geez, no other hardware junkies?

Anyone got any rigged components? Home built PC's? Rigged home appliances? Universal serial cards? How about a discussion on Intel VS AMD? Mac VS PC? Any over clocking skills?

Maybe this forum should be removed.

:confused:

I'm a hardware junkie :D

I custom built my computer, and I run an AMD.

AMD XP 1800+

384MB PC2100 DDR RAM

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro w/128MB DDR

SoundBlaster Audigy2

17" LCD Display

40GB 7200 RPM HD

30GB 7200 RPM HD

8.4GB 5400 RPM HD

52x24x52 CD-RW

12X DVD-ROM

4x4x32 CD-RW

ZIP 100MB

Wingman Extreme Digital JS

Microsoft Wireless Mouse & Keyboard

...and in 13 days, an OC-3 internet connection (2Mbps cable right now)

The video card outputs to both my monitor and my TV with automatic theatre mode so I can play a video file on my tv and do something else on my computer, and my sound card outputs to my 5.1 500W home stereo system.

Additionally, I have an iPaq with a 400MHz XScale CPU and 64MB of RAM, and a full-size folding keyboard for it.

Nice setup

I am running;

P4 2.8 Ghz

MSI 865PE w/bios upgrade (hyper threading lovin)

1 Ghz DDR 400Mhz RAM

Geforce 4 (*cough* crappy MX *cough*)

crappy sound card

19' Hitachi monitor @1024x768 (@100Hz)

120Gig WD Hard drive w/ 8 MB cache

100Gig Maxtor w/2 MB cache

50X generic CD-ROM

16X10x40 Plextor CD-RW

Wingman Extreme Digital JS (MS Flight Sim 2004)

Logitech Mouseman Optical (Gamer)

Logitech Keyboard

In 13 days I will still be running my slower cable modem (1.5Mbps) ;)

I am thinking of making another comp just to run all my video equipment. Also looking to add the lite-on LVD-2001 to my Home Theater setup. With the ATI you have does that come with the remote to use for a media PC?

My PC is 9 months old, built it myself ofc. Sorry faf but it humbles yours in every respect - time to upgrade Mister!

2.1Ghz processor (about as much as I need seeing as at that speed Maya will happily manipulate shaded models while the animation is running).

Fairly new MSI motherboard \o/ go go MSI, we lub joo!

Only half the memory of Newbie's PC but then ofc hardly anything supports 1 gig and upwards atm. I'll be getting another 512Mb (at least) fairly soon as fast DDR sticks are going very cheap right now in the UK, and it never hurts to be forward-facing.

I am so glad I forked out the most cash for my monitor and graphics card - that's where the money really shows. GeForce 4 - not a scummy MX, mwa ha haaa - with 128Mb memory and superfastiness. 3Dmark loves it long time.

Monitor is a 21" CTX flatscreen with the high definition coating thingy that makes it look lush.

Monitor 2 is a godawful 15" goldfish bowl that only ever has palettes, Trillian and Kazaa on it.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll prolly wanna ban me in about a week then when I start buying the components for my new PC:

3.2GHz P4 (800 fsb etc)

Asus motherboard with the bits and bobs for HT and 800 fsb etc

120gb SATA drive

radeon 9800 pro

17" tft monitor (cheapish samsung)

1gb PC3200 ram

CD-RW (can't quite afford a DVD-RW yet)

DVD drive

and all the other stuff

case from http://www.xcase.co.uk/ as they do nice cases.

w00t

Sayonara³ said in post #7 :

My PC is 9 months old, built it myself ofc. Sorry faf but it humbles yours in every respect - time to upgrade Mister!

2.1Ghz processor (about as much as I need seeing as at that speed Maya will happily manipulate shaded models while the animation is running).

Fairly new MSI motherboard \o/ go go MSI, we lub joo!

Only half the memory of Newbie's PC but then ofc hardly anything supports 1 gig and upwards atm. I'll be getting another 512Mb (at least) fairly soon as fast DDR sticks are going very cheap right now in the UK, and it never hurts to be forward-facing.

I am so glad I forked out the most cash for my monitor and graphics card - that's where the money really shows. GeForce 4 - not a scummy MX, mwa ha haaa - with 128Mb memory and superfastiness. 3Dmark loves it long time.

Monitor is a 21" CTX flatscreen with the high definition coating thingy that makes it look lush.

Monitor 2 is a godawful 15" goldfish bowl that only ever has palettes, Trillian and Kazaa on it.

There's 3 pc's in this room.

The worst one is a P4 2.0.

The best one is this one, with a Athlon XP 2700+, Radeon 9700 Pro, 512Mb of 2700, 120Gb WD SE HDD, 80Gb Maxtor thing, DVDRW, Very good 17" TFT, DVD Drive, etc etc.

I own two. My gf owns the other.

Mmmm lan.

I did build this game PC for me:

AthlonXP1700+ @1800+

128+256MB PC2100 DDR

GF4 Ti4600 with TV-in (128MB) Deluxe with 3D shutter glasses.

DVD-player 5X SCSI

CD plexwriter 12/4/32 SCSI

2 hard disks IDE

For the internet I use this one (with cable connection)

Athlon650

256MB PC133

AIW Rage128 (32MB)

DVD-Writer Sony DRU500AX

(I won this writer with a correct F1 prognosis)

CD-player 34x IDE

3 Hard disks (one SCSI)

They are connected with a network card and with an electronic PC swith (Monitor, keyboard, Mouse, Sound)

Mid next year I plan to buy new core comp. CPU,MEM,MB

Probably an AMD64 but benchmarks and price will decide.

If it's a cold winter then I will buy an Prescott ;)

(there is about 2years between my PC upgrades)

I would like to have more MEM in my game PC but it will have to wait until I upgrade, this MB can't handle DDR400

• 2 weeks later...

didn't build mine......not that far into high school yet....thats next year.....Mine is way slower than all of yours....but I do keep up with all the latest sound and video cards with Computer Games Magazine......Alien Ware ROCKS........And just to show how bad my comp. is, its only 800mhz with a bit over 200 mb RAM.....

But I LOVE the hardware....i have no job or money though....*sits down and cries*........

• 2 weeks later...

I built the PC i'm using, and PCs for both my brothers and my mum, (from a K6-2 350Mhz to an Athlon 2500+) and i've changed a few components in my laptop. The fastest PC actually has The Funk (no really, you should see it).

The best one is

Athlon XP2500+

MSI nForce2 MoBo :cool:

512Mb PC3200 Samsung RAM

FX5600

17" flat CRT

120GB ATA100 8mb WD Caviar SE HDD

Liteon 16x DVD-ROM

Liteon 52/32/52 CD-RW (soon)

and lots of shiny flashing lights!

unfortunately, that's my brother's :mad: