Iranians supporting insurgency

quantumcrack

The Iranians are smuggling weapons into iraq over the border, and this is why the insurgency continues to kill US soldiers and innocent people. We cannot trust their government, because their president was one of the terrorists who held hostages captive in the Tehran incident. He does not want any sort of peace and this is because he wants to rule the Middle-east in a theocracy.

It is a danger to everyone and must be crushed by the rest of the world with an iron fist. I am tired of those fools who blow themselves up and kill innocent people, and they call themselves Muslims. It is frustrating to hear of the massacres, it almost makes me want to join the army and take revenge against those infidels who disgrace their families names and murder their fellow citizen.

I appeal to you, stop the constant slaughter and car bombs. Call your state senator and tell him; "i have had it with those idiots in tehran!", i am not against the iranian people, but i have had it up to here!!

I appeal to you' date=' stop the constant slaughter and car bombs. Call your state senator and tell him; "i have had it with those idiots in tehran!", i am not against the iranian people, but i have had it up to here!![/quote']

We could probably do it, but it just costs too much. I think we should outsource this one to China. :)

The Iranians are smuggling weapons into iraq over the border, and this is why the insurgency continues to kill US soldiers and innocent people.

Uhh, source? What you're saying conflicts completely with... reality.

The insurgency consists primarily of Sunni Arabs with connections to Al Qaeda which is a primarily Wahhabist group (Wahhabism is a puritanical form of Sunni Islam which views Shiaism as being a novel and therefore non-Islamic offshoot of the reigion) Sunni Arabs are a minority in Iraq and used to hold considerably more power and clout when a fellow Sunni, Saddam Hussein, was in charge. Now that democracy has been installed, they feel comparatively underrepresented as there is no longer a dictatorship to elevate them above the rest of the country.

Iran is a nation of Shiite Persians with a great number of ties to the elected Iraqi government, which is dominated by Shiite Arabs. Iran has an ally in the elected government of Iraq; why would they jeopardize that by supporting the insurgency? Especially considering that by supporting the insurgency they'd be helping Sunnis fight their fellow Shia.

I don't think you can really blame any nation for "supporting the insurgency." Jordan? Saudi Arabia? These are certainly helping and they're where terrorist groups have their support structure, but it's something the governments merely condone, not actively support.

There's many reasons to fear Iran, most notably their clandestine nuclear program, but supporting the insurgency isn't one of them. That's simply factually inaccurate.

Yah that's my understanding as well, that most of the imported terrorists are coming from Syria or Jordan and fighting on the Sunni side. I think it's safe to say that Iran is watching things closely, trying to influence politics in the country (such as through the alleged connection with politicians like Chalabi) and is quite capable of importing terrorists if the need arises (gee, you think?). But so far their side is already "winning".

I'm sure there are politically connected Iranians operating in Iraq, though. I don't see how there could not. Pushing Sunni buttons left and right, no doubt.

The Iranians are smuggling weapons into iraq over the border' date=' and this is why the insurgency continues to kill US soldiers and innocent people. We cannot trust their government, because their president was one of the terrorists who held hostages captive in the Tehran incident. He does not want any sort of peace and this is because he wants to rule the Middle-east in a theocracy.

It is a danger to everyone and must be crushed by the rest of the world with an iron fist. I am tired of those fools who blow themselves up and kill innocent people, and they call themselves Muslims. It is frustrating to hear of the massacres, it almost makes me want to join the army and take revenge against those infidels who disgrace their families names and murder their fellow citizen.

I appeal to you, stop the constant slaughter and car bombs. Call your state senator and tell him; "i have had it with those idiots in tehran!", i am not against the iranian people, but i have had it up to here!![/quote']

Lets start another war on made up information.

You don't uunderstand. It has been proven that the iranian revolutionary guard is smuggling weapons over the border. There is solid proof from iraqi security sources, or i wouldn't be saying this, would i?? i don't make up information and i don't lie.

iran is doing this because the true rulers, the mullahs, want to rule iraq with a theocracy, and are willing to go to extraordinary lengths to do this.

quantumcrack, I'm sure we all appreciate your input, but as a general rule we don't take things on faith around here. If you want to make an assertion then you need to support it with evidence. In this particular case, a URL to a news story from a reliable, mainstream news source will do.

quantum, there are two major issues here. The first is that Iran is not the sole, or even the major, foreign contributer to the Iraqi insurgency. The second is that invading Iran would do little to control the spread arms. The US can't control the traffic of arms within Iraq, so why do you think it could control the traffic of arms in Iran, a much larger nation?

That's a start. As I said above, I think there's plenty of evidence out there that Iran is deeply involved in trying to shape which way Iraq goes at this junction.

But that doesn't support quantumcrack's assertion that Iran is at the core of the insurgency. That position denies the involvement of the Sunni half of the equation, which would appear to be the more violent side of the picture at the moment.

if you want to know, here is another link.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articles/article.html?id=7436

then why are the british accusing iran also??

If you actually watch news and speeches from people like Brig. General Abizaid, you would know that iran isn't at the core of the insurgency, but is involved in the massive terrorist operations in iraq.

Jordan, and Syria are exporting foreign fighters while Iran arms them.

Yes, but that doesn't change the second point I made. It would do little good for interupting the insurgency to invade Iran. If the US has the capacity to prevent the trafficking of arms, then they should simply do this in Iraq. Seal the border, or trade routes, interdict the arms in country, whatever. The point is that doing this is almost impossible, and so occupying Iran would do little to prevent the spread of arms.

why don't you hear me out before saying things like that.

When you hit the submit button, your message is complete. There's no such thing as an interruption in an online discussion.

Post something like that again and you're going to earn a warning for flaming. Please make an effort to learn how online discussion works before you lose your temper. We have a high level of discussion here and your opinions are welcome. A bad attitude is not.

why don't you hear me out before saying things like that.
Please look at the way you set this thread up for failure. You appeal to us to write to our political officials to propose aggressive action on a sovereign nation with nothing but heresay. You should know better than to do that here at SFN. Next time at least lay out some evidence and back it up with credible articles before you make assumptions or make an appeal of this magnitude.

You are acting injured and oppressed when so far you have only given us a rant. Everyone is more than willing to listen to assertions but please give us more to work with next time. This time you have come off as quatumcrackpot, no offense.