I'am solving equations that have the following terms in their equation. What should I do

mcstroom

I'am solving equations that have the following terms in their equation. What should I do

Show us that you have done some work on this before seeking help.

Do you understand what the substances are, can you write formulae for any of them ?

I'am not a bot lol 😂😂 how can I even prove that Iam not one 

Just now, mcstroom said:

7 minutes ago, exchemist said:

I've a horrible feeling we are being suckered by a bot here.

It makes no sense to speak of "solving" a chemical equation, nor of describing one as having "terms" in it. This is terminology from mathematical equations.

The previous enquiries from mcrestroom were also odd. It's hard to think that anyone who is actually attending classes in organic chemistry would be asking these questions in the way he - or it - does.  I think I'm going to send in a report, just in case. 

I go to college in the UK I'am not an organic chemistry student so I hope that explains my lack of expertise 

2 minutes ago, mcstroom said:

I go to college in the UK I'am not an organic chemistry student so I hope that explains my lack of expertise 

What are you studying and why do you need to get answers to these organic chemistry questions?

28 minutes ago, studiot said:

Show us that you have done some work on this before seeking help.

Do you understand what the substances are, can you write formulae for any of them there 

There is only one thing which is stopping me from awnsering them and thats the fact that  regarding how my confusion on   what to put on the left side and what to put on the right side (of the reactants). I put an example below. Evrey time I solve an eqation I see the the one product is on one side or the first 2 or 3 ekements on the first product are on the second product

Screenshot_20231227-152248_CapCut.jpg

14 minutes ago, exchemist said:

I've a horrible feeling we are being suckered by a bot here.

It makes no sense to speak of "solving" a chemical equation, nor of describing one as having "terms" in it. This is terminology from mathematical equations.

The previous enquiries from mcrestroom were also odd. It's hard to think that anyone who is actually attending classes in organic chemistry would be asking these questions in the way he - or it - does.  I think I'm going to send in a report, just in case. 

5 minutes ago, exchemist said:

Why are you sending us what looks like a screen shot of someone else asking the identical question?

4 minutes ago, exchemist said:

What are you studying and why do you need to get answers to these organic chemistry questions?

I'am doing a Btec applied science course and this just the first assigmnt on organic chem  its unit 14 A 

32 minutes ago, exchemist said:

!

Moderator Note

The motivation for asking a question is generally not something that the OP needs to provide.

36 minutes ago, mcstroom said:

There is only one thing which is stopping me from awnsering them and thats the fact that  regarding how my confusion on   what to put on the left side and what to put on the right side (of the reactants). I put an example below. Evrey time I solve an eqation I see the the one product is on one side or the first 2 or 3 ekements on the first product are on the second product

Screenshot_20231227-152248_CapCut.jpg

I'am doing a Btec applied science course and this just the first assigmnt on organic chem  its unit 14 A 

Ah so you are studying organic chemistry then, but just as a module of a broader course. Fair enough.

This issue of what goes where in a chemical equation: the reactants go on the left and the products on the right, since the arrow denoting the direction of reaction goes by convention from left to right. There is no rule as to which reactant goes first.

Some reactions are also equilibria that can go either way, depending on the conditions, concentrations, pressures etc. In such cases it does not even matter which you write as reactants and which as products. These are shown with double -headed arrows or more properly this symbol: ⇌ .

Coming now to your example of t-Bu iodide reacting with cyanide, I don't understand your answer. This is a nucleophilic substitution. The iodine atom, being electronegative, comes off as iodide, I⁻ leaving a carbocation, which attracts CN⁻ so that it forms a bond in place of the iodide that has gone. It is described here (with bromine instead of iodine but it will be the same process): https://www.chemguide.co.uk/mechanisms/nucsub/cyanide.html

So the product will be t-Bu-CN.

But for some reason you are showing t-Bu-I as reacting with a further I⁻. That can't be right.  What are you using as a learning aid? Do you have a textbook? If not, what does the course expect you to be using?  

22 minutes ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

The motivation for asking a question is generally not something that the OP needs to provide.

It can help in gauging what kind of answer is likely to he helpful, if one has an idea of where the questioner is coming from. Especially in the homework section.  

2 minutes ago, exchemist said:

It can help in gauging what kind of answer is likely to he helpful, if one has an idea of where the questioner is coming from. Especially in the homework section.

"What are you studying?" is fine. "Why do you need these answers?" should be addressed by the fact that it's in HW help. 

1 hour ago, swansont said:

"What are you studying?" is fine. "Why do you need these answers?" should be addressed by the fact that it's in HW help. 

All part of finding out what background the questioner has. These are very specific questions about organic synthesis, not the sort of thing I would expect to be relevant to many fields outside organic chemistry itself, hence the question.  

59 minutes ago, mcstroom said:

I use some websites and YouTube videos here and there our teacher give us thoes crash course video links  on the assighment brief. 

This sounds pretty bad. I'd have expected at least some course notes, maybe of lectures or presentations from the teacher.

Anyway, I hope the 2 links I have provided (the Libretext one and the chemguide one) are helpful. But you will need to know a certain amount to even understand what links like this are saying. I sense you are struggling because you have been plunged into 6th Form or 1st year undergrad level organic chemistry without being taught any of the basics first. Seems a bit daft to me. 

Edited by exchemist

2 hours ago, mcstroom said:

BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE: UNIT 14 - Learning Aim A

21 Mar 2022Understand the structures, reactions and properties of functional group compounds

Please note what it says on the website.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Btech+applied+science+unit+14A&sca_esv=594049696&source=hp&ei=eGqMZcbKCLnWhbIPrra4gAo&iflsig=AO6bgOgAAAAAZYx4iBjvsOtDmoB1KoM0zZkkk8SVAYP3&ved=0ahUKEwjG5t6cnbCDAxU5a0EAHS4bDqAQ4dUDCAw&uact=5&oq=Btech+applied+science+unit+14A&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6Ih5CdGVjaCBhcHBsaWVkIHNjaWVuY2UgdW5pdCAxNEEyBxAhGKABGAoyBxAhGKABGApI10NQAFj6QHAAeACQAQCYAbYBoAGcGKoBBTE1LjE1uAEDyAEA-AEBwgIREC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYxwEY0QPCAhEQLhiABBiKBRixAxiDARjUAsICCxAAGIAEGLEDGIMBwgIOEC4YgAQYsQMYxwEY0QPCAggQABiABBixA8ICDRAAGIAEGLEDGIMBGArCAgoQABiABBixAxgKwgIFEAAYgATCAgsQLhiABBjHARivAcICBxAAGIAEGArCAg4QLhiABBjHARivARiOBcICBxAuGIAEGArCAgcQABiABBgNwgIIEAAYFhgeGArCAgYQABgWGB7CAgsQABiABBiKBRiGAw&sclient=gws-wiz#ip=1

This stuff is University level, definitely above A level, it was not even on my S level all those years ago.

So you have have quite a few prerequisites in Chemistry before attempting it.

As exchemist said you don't solve chemical equations they are nothing like mathematical ones.
And they don't have terms they have species  - reagents and products.

In fact they are more like a recipe in cookery.

Eggs + flour + water = egg noodles

Eggs + flour + water = bread

Should should we really be starting by finding out what the question you were asked really said, because it said nothing about solving ?

For each of the following reactions name the organic product and write an equation.

2 hours ago, studiot said:

Please note what it says on the website.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Btech+applied+science+unit+14A&sca_esv=594049696&source=hp&ei=eGqMZcbKCLnWhbIPrra4gAo&iflsig=AO6bgOgAAAAAZYx4iBjvsOtDmoB1KoM0zZkkk8SVAYP3&ved=0ahUKEwjG5t6cnbCDAxU5a0EAHS4bDqAQ4dUDCAw&uact=5&oq=Btech+applied+science+unit+14A&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6Ih5CdGVjaCBhcHBsaWVkIHNjaWVuY2UgdW5pdCAxNEEyBxAhGKABGAoyBxAhGKABGApI10NQAFj6QHAAeACQAQCYAbYBoAGcGKoBBTE1LjE1uAEDyAEA-AEBwgIREC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYxwEY0QPCAhEQLhiABBiKBRixAxiDARjUAsICCxAAGIAEGLEDGIMBwgIOEC4YgAQYsQMYxwEY0QPCAggQABiABBixA8ICDRAAGIAEGLEDGIMBGArCAgoQABiABBixAxgKwgIFEAAYgATCAgsQLhiABBjHARivAcICBxAAGIAEGArCAg4QLhiABBjHARivARiOBcICBxAuGIAEGArCAgcQABiABBgNwgIIEAAYFhgeGArCAgYQABgWGB7CAgsQABiABBiKBRiGAw&sclient=gws-wiz#ip=1

This stuff is University level, definitely above A level, it was not even on my S level all those years ago.

So you have have quite a few prerequisites in Chemistry before attempting it.

As exchemist said you don't solve chemical equations they are nothing like mathematical ones.
And they don't have terms they have species  - reagents and products.

In fact they are more like a recipe in cookery.

Eggs + flour + water = egg noodles

Eggs + flour + water = bread

Should should we really be starting by finding out what the question you were asked really said, because it said nothing about solving ?

Well done for the research. Indeed, this level only makes sense to study if one has done some more basic chemistry first. Otherwise it will appear to be gobbldegook.

In fact, all the listed reactions seem to be examples of nucleophilic substitutions (some of which will proceed by SN1 and some by SN2 mechanisms). My guess is that knowledge of these substitutions is what the exercise is designed to test. But our poster hasn't said a word about that and doesn't seem to have the knowledge even to write the formulae out. It looks as if it's pitched at quite the wrong level.