How diode add voltage

johnsri

3 hours ago, johnsri said:

How diode add voltage 1 diode give 111v and two diode 221V how diode add voltage  

Where have you seen such a phenomenon? Show us the circuit, maybe you misunderstood something.

General simplification for the layman:

1) A resistor limits the current through the wire. It can be used as voltage divider.

2) A capacitor stores electrons on plates for later use.

3) A coil stores energy in magnetic field for later use.

4) A diode blocks current in one direction.

If the current exceeds the limits ("specifications") of the components, the component is unable to dissipate the energy fast enough and sooner or later fails. It is a function of current, voltage (and therefore power, P=I x U) and time (and therefore energy, E= I x U x t = P x t ). There are graphs that show how long a component can withstand an overcurrent or overvoltage.

Any element can fail, if its specs are overly and lengthy exceeded.

Failure symptoms:

1) A defective resistor will usually be 0 ohms, i.e. it will no longer pass current. That is, it limits the current to zero through its wire.

2) A defective capacitor does not store any electrons anymore.

3) A defective coil usually passes no current. i.e. it does not store any energy anymore.

4) A defective diode usually does not pass current, i.e. it limits in both directions, instead of only in one.

The energy entering the wire is equal to the energy leaving the wire minus what was consumed by the elements and dissipated as heat.

The number of electrons must be equal (unless you have some kind of device that ejects them into space).

One of your the previous threads was about smps. It is the coil that stores energy and causes the voltage to rise, not the diode.

Since the coil has stored energy, and part of the circuit is intentionally turned off, it must release stored energy. And it does so in a very short time. The number of electrons is constant, so the only thing that can be increased is the voltage (Q=I x t, E=Q x U = I x U x t). There is a voltage spike, which is later smoothed by capacitors.

Although in typical domestic applications, smps usually generate lower voltage than the input AC voltage. Lower voltage, such as 5 V, 12 V, 24 V, but with higher current than the input voltage of 230 V or 110 V.

Edited by Sensei

Booster circuit. A diode prevents current flow in the opposite direction. The coil stores energy and then releases it on demand. Switch is whatever you want. Usually an electronic clock, which gives pulses on and off.

Circuit.png

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

If the current exceeds the limits ("specifications") of the components, the component is unable to dissipate the energy fast enough and sooner or later fails. It is a function of current, voltage (and therefore power, P=I x U) and time (and therefore energy, E= I x U x t = P x t ). There are graphs that show how long a component can withstand an overcurrent or overvoltage.

..in a less layman's version, temperature, pressure, air cleanness and humidity will be taken into account.. etc.

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

General simplification for the layman:

A resistor has a certain capacitance and inductance,
A capacitor has a certain resistance and inductance,
A coil has a certain resistance and capacitance..

They are small, but not none.

Edited by Sensei