Spikes on Mars

Some pretty creative reporting by MSN on this, but it's an interesting snippet about what the Mars explorer cameras are finding

Scientists are claiming an alien spaceship crashed straight into Mars (msn.com) 

These bizarre spiky Mars rocks likely formed by erosion and ancient fractures | Space  

I'm thinking that the second picture looks like gas from below, or water from above, created holes which got silted up and hardened, and later exposed by the wind erosion. ( just me speculating ) 

You wouldn't see it on Earth because the air is denser and gravity is higher, which would erode it more, and cause it to collapse. 

From the article...

Astrobiologist Dr Nathalie Cabrol, who is from the NASA Ames Research Centre and Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute, even said that it’s the “most bizarre” rock she’s seen in 20 years of studying the planet.

The findings are so irregular, in fact, that experts cannot rule out the idea that they’re extraterrestrial in origin.

Well, this is on Mars, so I would say it is very probable they are extraterrestrial in origin.

😀

14 hours ago, mistermack said:

Ha ha, well spotted !

I wonder if that was a slip, or tongue-in-cheek ?

Or maybe lazy journalism, misusing "extraterrestrial" as synonymous with alien civilization.  Given the article's misleading title, no surprise.  

The next paragraph in the article says,

“A fragment from an extraterrestrial or terrestrial spacecraft cannot be discounted with absolute certainty” the authors of new research published in the Journal of Astrobiology stated.

1. What does "extraterrestrial or terrestrial" means? Isn't everything in the universe "extraterrestrial or terrestrial"?

2. It appears to come from the authors of the research rather than from the journalist.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, abdullahrana3089 said:

While I cannot really comment on the physicist part, I would like to add that one should have realistic expectations regarding potential research positions, especially if one is interested in a particular field. Pubg Name Generator There are not a lot of permanent research focused positions out there (and those that are are disproportionately competitive). So it is good to keep that in mind and look for career paths early on.

images.png

Hahaha. “Pubg Name Generator” is something of a giveaway.😀

36 minutes ago, abdullahrana3089 said:

While I cannot really comment on the physicist part, I would like to add that one should have realistic expectations regarding potential research positions, especially if one is interested in a particular field. Pubg Name Generator There are not a lot of permanent research focused positions out there (and those that are are disproportionately competitive). So it is good to keep that in mind and look for career paths early on.

images.png

Plagiarized from here:

• 2 weeks later...