Latex vs MSWord

Genady

What are advantages of using Latex vs MS Word for math expressions in the posts? At least visually, IMO, the latter is better than the former. Compare

Latex:

image.png.5dc80ac06938eb07b028f173f4f18408.png

MS Word:

image.png.c792414c88417c161f9606fa61d16975.png

Plus, the latter gives more presentation choices such as font, size, etc.

[math]\sqrt[3]{{7 + \sqrt {50} }} + \sqrt[3]{{7 - \sqrt {50} }}[/math]

[math]\sqrt[3]{{7 + \sqrt {50} }} + \sqrt[3]{{7 - \sqrt {50} }}[/math]

If you select the markup and choose the size dropdown menu you get the second large line with size = 36

11 minutes ago, studiot said:

7+503+7503

7+503+7503

If you select the markup and choose the size dropdown menu you get the second large line with size = 36

Good, I can do that. Although, I like to get the same nice presentation without enlarging the entire expression.

Regardless, are there advantages of Latex vs Word? Specifically, why would I use Latex here rather than Word?

15 hours ago, Genady said:

Good, I can do that. Although, I like to get the same nice presentation without enlarging the entire expression.

Regardless, are there advantages of Latex vs Word? Specifically, why would I use Latex here rather than Word?

As far as I know the only way to use MS (Word) formula writer is to make picture of the formula and paste that.

If there is a way to post a formula, wriitten in world I'm all ears.

🙂

24 minutes ago, studiot said:

As far as I know the only way to use MS (Word) formula writer is to make picture of the formula and paste that.

If there is a way to post a formula, wriitten in world I'm all ears.

🙂

Yes, I'd like to know such a way, too. However, Windows' Snipping Tool is quite convenient, copy and paste.