Oh yeah!!

blike

DUDE! rock^_^

send me one a those! I'll pay yer shipping;) gotta look cool at this accursed school at one point or another don't I:cool:

oo gimme a hat too..that would rock...

nice shirt;)

I'm not affiliated with this website but I notice that alot of other forums use them for t-shirts - it might be worth a look if you're seriously considering merchandise.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/

Basically, you give them a design and they make it available on mugs, t-shirts, mouse mats etc - all free. When they sell it, you take a modest slice of the profits. If you want scienceforums.net to be non-profit then the cash could go to a charity..? Plus I can have my morning coffee in a scienceforums cup :)

Just a thought *shrugs*

Yup. Sayonara³ did that, tried to make me buy frisbees. I almost did as well. I was put off with the mail order from the US, I knew it worked postage wise, but I'm happier if I know where people are. I can go chase them down then, should things go wrong.

It's worth doing tho!

Guest brat_the_rat

Sorry to come in like this, but I don't really have any thread or anything si i've randomly chosen one to start something... I'm posting these articles and I would like some replies. Thanks.

The main problem that is present in the world is mainly due to attitude. While I must agree that much of my present lifestyle is extremely comfortable, I must say that much of it isn't exactly what can be called as resource conscious. In fact, much of it is very resource consuming, despite the fact that I do know that.

It seems very difficult to find that motivation to become more resource conscious and change my way of living. It means that I have to bid adieu to many of the comfortable things that I have taken for granted and I have been made aware of all these shortcomings due to the acute water shortage experienced by my city (Chennai, in India).

It is because of this water shortage that I have had to look at the way that I live. And I have always thought that I have been conscious about the way I live and have always taken a sense of pride from it. But not any more.

So, it is abvious that it is from the attitude level htat a change has to take place.

This topic is about the topic of nature...and this is not some sad old sentimental thing.. this is mainly about what YOU feel about the topic.. I will make my initial thoughts known and please respond.

I feel that nature is full of complex relationships. It is and always will be an intrical part of our lives unless we find some mechanism by which we become totaly self dependant and do not rely on any other species for survival.

Because it is becoming increasingly possible that we may have to survive without any nature, as we are directly and indirectly destroying everythign on this planet. While there is a lot of talk about conservation, it is extremely difficult and costly. The maintanence of one gene bank is exorbitant and so, may not be viable for a long time.

Hence, we may have to look for some other alternative. For example, there is the example of the movie Matrix, which shows how people do not depend on any environmental factors. While nothing so dramatic may happen, it is possible that we may have to think of one very soon.

But there is the other alternative of conservation. It may take some time to become effective, as nothing is mended quickly. However, with a little bit of dedication and the use of modern day technology, this is possible. But it may require the total revamp of our lives. For example, the flush toilet flushes 10 litres of water per flush, which is an amazingly high amount.

But modern breakthroughs are allowing for different kinds of toilets, or otherwise called green toilets.

While this is just one example, there are many more, on which I will not elaborate on at this moment. I would ask you to kindly make any statements about this paragraph. Thank you.

Guest brat_the_rat

Haha...well, that was fun... sorry, but I had no clue how to use this thing... so just trying it out...but seriously, I would like to hear your replies on this subject... thanks

PS If you can suggest any other thread, please do tell.

Seriously? Nobody can be arsed to look after the environment. America has done a U turn at Kyoto and basically as the worlds largest polluter there is little point in new measures being drawn up by other countrys. Oil reserves will run out soon anyhow, so either we adapt before then or we are all screwed.

Plus, don’t watch the Matrix so much.

And go buy a teeshirt.

mmm....scienceforums kahlua...or at least kahlua in a scienceforums mug...(it's the only thing I got right now) coool yeah that would be cool! and a teeshirt too..

Brat, it may be easier to get responses to that actual topic if you post it in it's own thread;) otherwise you'll get stuff like "and go buy a teeshirt"

Guest brat_the_rat

Thanks for the replies people... just got one last question: How do you start your own thread? cause when I tried to click on new thread, it keeps saying some other problem that I've got, something about me not being ALLOWED... so, just the last question ok? THanks

Brat

You've got to verify your email address first :) There should be a mail awaiting you from here. Follow the link to verify your address. If theres not one, let me know and I'll fix it for you.

haha that was funny faf....I dunno why...

but yeah, he's posting, probably just didn't seem to notice he needed email validation, or he signed up like right there on the line or somethin...

if we take email validation off, I vote for faf to stay here all the time to ensure against spammers^_^

Originally posted by Dudde

if we take email validation off, I vote for faf to stay here all the time to ensure against spammers^_^

We'd have to nail his upper eyelids to the top of his monitor casing just to be sure.

He may resist.