humans

Our technology is gone...but not our ability to remake it. Our intelligence lies within our genome, and even if all our geniuses die, evolution will eventually produce new ones.

that will take time. during that time, we could very well die out.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you read this thread at all?

btw' date=' there are a lot of animals at the top of the food chain. there is more than one. food chains aren't all that big.[/quote']

I meant "the" food chain. As in with proper planning and coordination (which we possess) we can slay any animal on earth. Whales, sharks, bears, anything.

quite serious. how do you know what other species do or do not know?

I read that dolphins are the only animal, besides for humans, that recognize that reflection of themselves in a mirror is not a seperate animals, but only an image of themselves. How do you know what goes inside the mind of a dolphin...

I read that dolphins are the only animal, besides for humans, that recognize that reflection of themselves in a mirror is not a seperate animals, but only an image of themselves. How do you know what goes inside the mind of a dolphin...

iirc, some apes do as well

yea....try it without technology

Why should we? We created the technology to kill. Why should we seperate what we create from our "natural ability" to kill. Technology is how we got to were we are today. From the first flint-headed spears, we were able to grow fat off of the weapons we created.

quite serious. how do you know what other species do or do not know?

Umm because they all lack the complex civilization and interactions with the world that we do? Animals lives center mostly around survival. Ours center around luxory (albeit this is a new "invention")

"yea....try it without technology"

Depends on your definition of technology. Do you consider stone working a technology? Cause if you allow that, then pick an animal and I will give you a plan to kill it. Without stone working tech, I will admit we would most likely not survive.

Why should we? We created the technology to kill. Why should we seperate what we create from our "natural ability" to kill. Technology is how we got to were we are today. From the first flint-headed spears, we were able to grow fat off of the weapons we created.

technology!=evolution

cataclismic event=technology gone=no technology

Umm because they all lack the complex civilization and interactions with the world that we do? Animals lives center mostly around survival. Ours center around luxory (albeit this is a new "invention")
arrogant, are we?

Depends on your definition of technology. Do you consider stone working a technology? Cause if you allow that, then pick an animal and I will give you a plan to kill it. Without stone working tech, I will admit we would most likely not survive.

take on a bear with a rock. let me video take it too.

Our ability to manipulate our environment should not be considered an unnatural ability that shouldn't be allowed in this fight with a bear. Evolution didn't give us the strenth to kill a bear. It gave us brains to create a tool to help our task...which ultimately leads to our survial and reproduciton. Survival of the fittest prevails.

but unless all humans die too, there is no reason we can't recreate technology. Our ability to create technology shouldn't die unless there are no humans left.
it still takes time

Arrogant? No. Proud and observant? Yes.
wtfe....keep telling yourself that

I didnt say a rock. I said stone technology (ie, spears, slings and choppers).

bear still has a better chance.

in your "advanced" civilization, people starve because they have a lack of green paper. how is that advanced?

in your "advanced" civilization' date=' people starve because they have a lack of green paper. how is that advanced?[/quote']

Who said I would fight the bear alone? Humans are social hunters.

And I didnt say civilization is advanced. Its ass backwards. I said Humans themselves are.

Who said I would fight the bear alone? Humans are social hunters.

And I didnt say civilization is advanced. Its ass backwards. I said Humans themselves are.

history is full of groups of people(even some with guns) getting pwned by bears

it still takes time

That's irrelavant. Evolution is a lengthy process, but think about how short humans have been around compared to the age of the earth...now think of the universe. So it probably wouldn't take a lot of time, if you put time in that perspective.

bear still has a better chance.

in your "advanced" civilization' date=' people starve because they have a lack of green paper. how is that advanced?[/quote']

A system where goods and services are represented by capital, rather then a barter system, where, unlike the present system, the quantification of the value of goods or services is determined, not by the bulk of the consumers but by the individual...I'd say thats a pretty advanced economic system. "Green bits of paper" are a good way to represent the amount of value, and makes it easier to trade with.

People starving because of the lack of it, has little to do with the paper itself.

But image how many people would get owned by bears if we tried to hunt them with our bare hands. We don't have to, because of our ability to make guns.

And more of bears getting pwned by humans :D

I must still hold true to my belief that if an alien came to Earth it would find Homo Sapien to be the most impressive species on the Planet.

really? what about this:

Umm because they all lack the complex civilization and interactions with the world that we do? Animals lives center mostly around survival.

That's irrelavant. Evolution is a lengthy process, but think about how short humans have been around compared to the age of the earth...now think of the universe. So it probably wouldn't take a lot of time, if you put time in that perspective.
no, it's not. lets say there's a big boom gets rid of our current technology. how many of the 6billion-however many killed in blast-those killed as a result of the blast would be able to survive long enough to rebuild society?

A system where goods and services are represented by capital, rather then a barter system, where, unlike the present system, the quantification of the value of goods or services is determined, not by the bulk of the consumers but by the individual...I'd say thats a pretty advanced economic system. "Green bits of paper" are a good way to represent the amount of value, and makes it easier to trade with.

simpler is often better. watch "going tribal" it has several examples of very simple economys that work better than ours.

And more of bears getting pwned by humans :D
they had technology.

I must still hold true to my belief that if an alien came to Earth it would find Homo Sapien to be the most impressive species on the Planet.

and i hold to my belief that you have little understanding of biology

no' date=' it's not. lets say there's a big boom gets rid of our current technology. how many of the 6billion-however many killed in blast-those killed as a result of the blast would be able to survive long enough to rebuild society?[/quote']

No matter how long it takes, it still wouldn't a long time in great sceme of things. Even if we had to start from "stratch."

simpler is often better. watch "going tribal" it has several examples of very simple economys that work better than ours.

I really don't know enough about economics to get into that debate.