Mirror Photo?

Guest Lol_can

Guest Lol_can

hi, when i take a photo of my self i look totally diffrent than i do in the mirror any reason for this and what one is more like my real self

Guest Lol_can

Nar, but what i want to no is do i look as bad in real life as i do in that photo.. or do i look a nice boy hahaha like in mirror? like any scintific reason lyk :rolleyes:

Define "totally different" and "bad" with regards to this phenomenon. There's a reason why you sound different to yourself than you do on a aural recording, but I've never heard of the same from a visual recording.

It could just be the flash you are using, or taking a picture under bad lighting. Or you could be ugly. :eek: j/k

Maybe you're just not photogenic, and as Phi for All pointed out it all depends on light, angle et.c

Light / shadow can accentuate or diminish features which could look good at certain angles, but can also make you look hideous. I'm not particularly photogenic but I've heard the contrary face to face (hard to say without sounding vain.)

Keep trying I guess until you're happy with a result that flatters you're appearance. The paparazzi (especially UK tabloids) are masters at catching celebrities on 'off days' and making them look at lot worse than usual.

The camera never lies, but it can bend the truth. Providing there's no post editing.

Guest Lol_can

Thing is when i take a pic on my web cam i look so diffrent to the one my mate takes on his cam phone.. its really getting me down man! on the web cam i look ok but on the cam phone i look so bad its untrue :| i just like really confuses me do i really look like this on the cam phone :embarass:

Then maybe like I said it's to do with the screen, take a normal photo of you and squash it in one direction, it looks all weird no matter how it started, maybe this is happening on the phone due to the screen on it.