problems with RF modulator, help?

CurvKyle

I found a "Dynex RF Modulator AV Signal Converter WS-007" in my house. It's about 2 years old and since it's no longer under warranty support won't offer any help.

When I plug it in the red light on the front lights up for a split second then fades out jut as quick. It doesn't matter whether my rca cables are plugged in or not. When the red light comes on, the video signal from my camera shows up on the TV, but then disappears as soon the light fades away. I was thinking of opening it up, but I'm not sure what to look for. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Use a VCR. Connect your camera signals to video and audio inputs, and feed your TV ANT IN from the RF OUT threaded connector.

If you know some electronics, you could canibalize the modulator inside a discarded VCR. It is the tin box inside it that has the RF OUT connector attached to it and a channel 3/4 selector on it. It will; need about 8 to 12V to energize it.

Miguel