Forum Rules (split from ancient thread with the same title)

You guys actually have rules??

That's funny, senior members seem to break them with certain people...I actually got excited when I saw this post then  reminded myself of political correctness.....

Edited by CuriosOne

23 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

You guys actually have rules??

Yes. You acknowledged (but obviously didn't read) them when creating your account profile.

If you feel someone is breaking the rules, use the report post feature so it can be reviewed by staff. If you disagree with how the staff decide to run things, you're under no obligation to continue posting here.

Also, why is this 16 year old thread in the Maths forum??

17 minutes ago, iNow said:

Yes. You acknowledged (but obviously didn't read) them when creating your account profile.

If you feel someone is breaking the rules, use the report post feature so it can be reviewed by staff. If you disagree with how the staff decide to run things, you're under no obligation to continue posting here.

Also, why is this 16 year old thread in the Maths forum??

""I am""" familar with the rules of this forum. 

23 minutes ago, swansont said:

If you think rules are being broken, you should use the “report post” function to bring this to the attention of the moderators.

(thread has been split and moved to a more appropriate area)

I have, and what's the point reporting to those who break their own rules??

1 hour ago, CuriosOne said:

I have, and what's the point reporting to those who break their own rules??

It needs to actually be a violation for staff to take action. In your most recent report, you accuse someone of something they absolutely did not do. Naturally, nothing is going to come of the report.

1 hour ago, swansont said:

It needs to actually be a violation for staff to take action. In your most recent report, you accuse someone of something they absolutely did not do. Naturally, nothing is going to come of the report.

How intresting, so now im a liar...

Care to share this lie with "us?"

Edited by CuriosOne

3 hours ago, swansont said:

If you think rules are being broken, you should use the “report post” function to bring this to the attention of the moderators.

(thread has been split and moved to a more appropriate area)

I have, and I get no responses, here is another one..

Screenshot_20201109-185600_Gallery.jpg

9 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

How intresting, so now im a liar...

Care to share this lie with "us?"

I didn’t call you a liar.

Normally, I would not share details of a report, but since you have given permission, your report says

This person is accusing me of alteration of forum rules..”

Nobody has accused you if this. I don’t think any rational person would think a non-staff member could change the rules. 

Rather, you were challenged to show where you had been told that posting videos was against the rules. These are very different things.

The common theme here is that you seem to have some reading comprehension issues. You are interpreting statements in a way that is quite different from a plain reading of what is written. It’s not an accusation that you are lying, rather, it’s that you didn’t read carefully, or didn’t understand something that you read.

9 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

I have, and I get no responses, here is another one..

Screenshot_20201109-185600_Gallery.jpg

Those are assessments based on what you posted, and options that do not say that you were accused of being malicious. Being identified as mistaken, or ignorant, etc. is not a violation of our civility rules. People can be mistaken, or ignorant. It does not make them bad people. Mistakes can be corrected. Ignorance can be replaced by knowledge.

IOW, these are ways for you to identify shortcomings in your posts. Professional criticism, not insults. It’s rather helpful to differentiate the two.

One should note that in an exchange like this:

A: No, that’s wrong

B: Oh, I’m a liar?

It is person B who is doing the insulting, because they are making an unfounded claim that A has accused them of lying (which means there was intent to deceive). Person B would be in trouble here. It’s a bad-faith response.