Time Travel

Farid

Hello everyone,

I wanted to discuss time travel in this thread. Suppose that in 2020, you travel back to 1970. You have traveled to 1970 fifty years after it has passed, so you are in a time that is 50 years after 1970. Suppose that in 2020 you travel to 2070. In that case, in an about an instant, 50 years has passed. 

This may have been a question which belongs in philosophy or speculation due to its "wondering of a potential thing" verses the discussion of a "physical behavior based upon existing laws." I am however unsure. 

Are you attempting to discuss the possible physics of a time machine and its relativistic affects or are you just wanting to discuss one of the types of imaginative time travel concepts and the logistics of it?

1 hour ago, ALine said:

This may have been a question which belongs in philosophy or speculation due to its "wondering of a potential thing" verses the discussion of a "physical behavior based upon existing laws." I am however unsure. 

Are you attempting to discuss the possible physics of a time machine and its relativistic affects or are you just wanting to discuss one of the types of imaginative time travel concepts and the logistics of it?

I am just discussing the effects. 

You need to watch several series of Doctor Who. It is all explained there. Even the timey-wimey,  wibbly-wobbly bits. 

2 hours ago, Farid said:

I am just discussing the effects. 

As it is a fictional idea, you can make whatever effects you like!