Canuck Chat split from Is the Speed of Light variable?

MigL

17 minutes ago, MigL said:

Holy crap, Mordred.
You were already studying physics in 1921 ?

No I found a copy when I was helping my father with his business of cleaning rental homes out.

It's amazing though how close the measurements in that old textbook matches those taken today though.

I started studying physics  in 1979. Though I was still a youth then. My first wow moment was studying Allen Guths false vacuum inflation paper and was hooked on physics ever since. Lol I still have a copy of that paper.

PS it was a Canadian undergraduate physics textbook way back then (should interest you as a fellow Canuck). I even used one of its lessons to build a cooling system that requires no power. (principle of expansion on cooling)

Edited by Mordred

That book was also part of my studies. Anyways were getting a bit off topic lol. Needless to say a little research by the OP and tests of the speed of light in the last four centuries would readily show the OP as being incorrect. Not to mention modern tests.

Lol can you imagine watching an explosion in space if frequency varied the propogation speed ? Different color frequencies for example would arrive at different times. Starting with gamma rays the x rays etc etc etc. Obviously that doesn't happen. Just goes to show how little ground the OP has to stand on. 

Particularly since we have watched super Nova explosions occur and all frequencies arrived at precisely the same time.

Edited by Mordred

1 hour ago, MigL said:

Yes , we are off topic.
Did not know you were Canadian. Now that U of Caribou comment in your profile makes sense.
TRU ?

Yes I attended University of Caribou. Though I also attended UBC. The university of Caribou provided the preliminaries I needed. Lol the telescope at Caribou was roughly the same size used by Hubble lol. Couldn't get all the courses I needed at one university so had to attend several.

Edited by Mordred