Buddys.....or not buddys

Is it possible to have some notification that someone is on your buddy list?

For example, It would be nice if the box that contains the persons "name" where join date, location, and number of posts are, if there could be another symbol to denote that this person is on your buddy list.

I don't know if this can be done or has any benefit. Right now, I have a typed list next to me of people who I consider my buddy.

Bettina

what is the point of a buddy list on a forum such as this?

(1) A buddy system is a good idea when travelling from forum to forum.

(2) A handy reminder of who has taken your side in an argument in the past.

(3) Shows who knows certain code-words, like 'glort'.

(4) The exciting hobby of elitism.

For example, It would be nice if the box that contains the persons "name" where join date, location, and number of posts are, if there could be another symbol to denote that this person is on your buddy list.
Dave, is this possible?

Bettina, have you used the UserCP link at the top of every page to check your Buddy/Ignore Lists? Two clicks gives you both lists.

I'm guessing Buddy Lists don't highlight your buddy's posts the way Ignore Lists blank posts frim your Ignore List, am I right?

(1) A buddy system is a good idea when travelling from forum to forum.

(2) A handy reminder of who has taken your side in an argument in the past.

(3) Shows who knows certain code-words' date=' like 'glort'.

(4) The exciting hobby of elitism.[/quote']

(2) and I added one...

(5) people who have disagreed with you, but haven't dragged you thru the mud doing it..... Those I consider my buddys.

Bettina

Dave' date=' is this possible?

Bettina, have you used the UserCP link at the top of every page to check your Buddy/Ignore Lists? Two clicks gives you both lists.

I'm guessing Buddy Lists don't highlight your buddy's posts the way Ignore Lists blank posts frim your Ignore List, am I right?[/quote']

No...I haven't used it, but I thought maybe a small icon under a persons name that you could click on to see if that person is a buddy....or an icon that would be highlighted.

Bettina

(2) and I added one...

(5) people who have disagreed with you' date=' but haven't dragged you thru the mud doing it..... Those I consider my buddys.

Bettina[/quote']

Wait: do I have to disagree with you to be your buddy?

Or can I just misunderstand you?