What is the definition of bigotry?

Impressive Science Word

I often see the word "bigotry" thrown around in discussions of groups differences, invariably thrown by those who believe there are no differences, at those who believe there are. It seems to be wielded as some kind of ultimate debate ending logical bind, as if "bigotry" was the greatest affront to the scientific method. Or is it just meaningless name calling by pseudoscientific political ideologues without any evidence on their side, which they have to resort to due to their absolute incompetence at discussing the issue scientifically? Perhaps here we can hash out a clear definition.

Here's a case from this very website:

Anyone wishing to try and justify bigotry may do so somewhere else.

Now I always thought bigotry meant being stuck to a view in the face of contrary evidence. Does it now mean "thinking people are not the same"? If the meaning is the former, silencing discussion to force your personal, unsubstantiated opinion is the absolute height of bigotry. There is a saying I believe about crying out in pain as you strike someone. Perhaps you can understand my confusion.

Edited by Impressive Science Word

1 hour ago, Impressive Science Word said:

There is a saying I believe about crying out in pain as you strike someone.

There is another saying about always accusing your victims of what you yourself are doing. I don't remember exactly who said it. I wonder what kind of people would endorse these kinds of sentiments.