Hijack from Can you believe in evolution and in god?

coffeesippin

32 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

it doesn't matter if you had read the gospels and book of Acts you would know three gospels were written by three disciples who walked with Christ and the fourth by a physician who knew those who had walked with him as well as knowing Paul who had met Christ)

It's a story. The title Mathew Mark etc..  are part of the story   - it was written way after their deaths according to historians. You can't quote the bible as evidence of biblical 'facts'.  You can - but you'd be thought of as an idiot in any debate.

Your misconception or spirited accusation of me as a liar is understandable

I don't think you are a liar. I used to believe the same as you. I am a scientist though and eventually you will see (or not) that the book is the thing that has lies in it, not your heart. There ARE discrepancies in the book and errors....  which wouldn't be there if god was the being that the book claimed him to be. The truth will set you free  ;-)  The truth that world religions are born out of man's superstition. Drop the fear in your life that you have of hell and it is a weight lifted. Do good things, be kind, generous and lovely... you don't need an imaginary friend to make you do good things...  like Dumbo didn't need his feather to fly. Drop the moronic lies from an old book of myths and go out and do some good in the world. The book is so clearly out of date in places.... which it wouldn't be if the 'prefect' god of the book existed.

Your anger at a just God who drowned an entire world because

There is no anger towards something that doesn't exist. Much of the anger felt towards Christians by atheists I believe is frustration - frustration that someone can fall for such nonsense and trickery.

Be honest to your self...   warm feelings in your heart are not evidence of anything spiritual.  What evidence do you have for god excluding the bible, which, if you are honest - is a joke if you mean it to be taken seriously in the modern world.

PS - if you do one day see that it is total bunk like many do....   PLEASE keep the love in your heart.;  That feeling you get of the holy ghost filling you with love and joy to empower you to go into the world to do good things....  KEEP THAT! Please...   but you don't need to believe a load of nonsense myths to be able to take love into the world. God is love (Book of James....  can't remember the verse).

Edited by DrP

3 hours ago, dimreepr said:

We don't gang up, we debate...

That's the rules...

The gangs are obvious.  Debate is an exchange of information, not a bunch of accusation and insults.

4 hours ago, dimreepr said:

It's also ok to forgive yourself; no god/ignorance required...

If I had said that word god I would have been hanged.  It must be nice to have political immunity.

"PS - if you do one day see that it is total bunk like many do....   PLEASE keep the love in your heart.;  That feeling you get of the holy ghost filling you with love and joy to empower you to go into the world to do good things....  KEEP THAT! Please...   but you don't need to believe a load of nonsense myths to be able to take love into the world. God is love (Book of James....  can't remember the verse)."   From Dr. P.  If you say the bible is false, why quote it?   Why?  Because an incomplete understanding of the bible or of science can lead to two things, rejection or a desire to learn more about them.  You arrived at a point where you believe the bible's seeming conflicts with science prove the bible false.  Since I became a believer in the bible I have seen my knowledge of science shows the bible true, and also that the bible shows true science true, but NOT a false science that stops at a point of self satisfaction.  Science is a lifelong search, as understanding the bible can.   Where did the water on the earth come from?  Partial or false science said from asteroids ( possibly the windows of heaven as the bible says?)  True science has continued the search and found that there is as much water IN the earth as are in the surface oceans, and that the inner water has been part of the earth since creation.  https://www.livescience.com/46292-hidden-ocean-locked-in-earth-mantle.html    I believe in true science, the continuing search .. so call it the EVOLUTION of science.    Put yes, let us love, regardless of what we credit the source as, thanks for that reminder.

Edited by coffeesippin
Can't seem to quote or post without an edit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.