grrr...

ydoaPs

Today I was notified that we will be having manditory PT for DEP members every Wednesday. We used to only have to go to a DEP meeting the second Wednesday of every month. I got out of it this week, but now I have to find a ride to Greenwood every Wednesday at 17 00. I don't have a car, so this is going to be akward. I have to call people I don't even know to get a ride. Maybe I can get my recruiter to call them for me.

I don't have a car, so this is going to be akward. I have to call people I don't even know to get a ride. Maybe I can get my recruiter to call them for me.
Wow. Talking to strangers. Asking for help. They better not ask you to do any of that once you start basic. Make sure and tell your Recruit Division Commander what a burden he's placed on you. [/sarcasm]

well if they're on the program too then that's not too strange. If they're literally some random off the street then yeah, that's a little crazy ;)

sure it's a little awkward but not that bad - just be friendly :)

I just called my recruiter and he is going to make some calls. He said he is going to call me back tommarrow. He also said that it isn't manditory and not to worry if I can't make it. He said they are strongly encouraging people to do it. I think PT is a good idea. I'm gonna do it if he can get me a ride.

I don't generally go up to people I don't know and ask them to take me places, do you?
If we were taking the same program together and didn't mind giving me a lift I would use it as an opportunity to make a friend.

Your recruiter could also be looking for you to take a little initiative, put it together yourself. It shouldn't be a big deal to call a fellow Navy man.