Theory of gravity (needs review)

Jackson Ridgway

I am Jackson, a high school graduate who is seeking a career in physics. I have been studying physics on a theoretical level and recently in a primitive mathematical level for as long as I can remember. I believe I have created a theory (which may or may not have been discovered already, probably the former) which I believe dictates that spacetime itself, in particular the slope/rate of change in spacetime, dictates a spacetime-induced force on any object which creates a runaway effect we know of as gravity. with this theory that I will describe, there are several key devices I have hypothesized about which utilize the physics from this theory. Please note: I am very open to criticism and feedback, and I would rather know that I was wrong than falsely believe I was right. 

I'd like to start by telling you about a formula I had found from a physics article on relativity. There is this thing called "lorentz transformation". It describes how an object percieves time based on its relative speed. to summarize, the rate of time around an object is equivalent to the square root of (1-(v^2/C^2)), where v is the velocity, and c is the speed of light. My theory is that if you look at any two points on an object along the vector of gravitational pull, we will see that there is a slight difference in spacetime dialation. I wanted to see if accelerating the less-dialated point towards the second, more dialated point, without the second point moving, would "satisfy" the slope of spacetime across those 2 points. Well, you plug in the difference in spacetime between those 2 points (for earth is some crazy small number around 1-(10^-12) or something like that) into the lorentz transformation equation, and to my greatest surprise, It gave me, to insane accuracy, the velocity gained over that distance assuming the force is even across the path the object will take. I then used basic Kinematics to derive the value of gravity on earth, something around 9.82 m/s^2. I commonly choose a "sample distance", which is a section of earth's spacetime profile which I can make the rough assumption of it being linear. The sample distance is also the distance that the object will fall and gain a velocity over. In the pictures below, I chose the sample distance to be 2000 meters, going from plus or minus 1000 meters from the surface of earth. I derived the rate of spacetime at those 2 points using the schwarzschild metric, which treats the earth as a singularity and can be used to calculate spacetime at a point at or above the surface of earth. 

So, If anyone here knows more about this kind of stuff, please tell me what you think. I thought it would be worth finding a science forum and talking about it, so here it is! I can answer any questions you might have on my method of calculation or how the theory works that I may not have covered correctly. 

gravity formula reasoning.png

Screenshot (22).png

Spacetime doesn’t dialate, it curves. Time dialates and length contracts while keeping c constant, that is what the Lorentz transform is in a nutshell. Keep your eye on the invariance of c.

Edited by koti

Lorentz transformations are a relationship between inertial frames in flat spacetime; you cannot straightforwardly apply them when spacetime is not flat.
Also “rate of change of spacetime” is not a meaningful concept.

On a more general level, I think it would be helpful if you familiarise yourself with what we already know first, before starting to speculate about new theories. As it so happens, the existing theory of gravity we have at present (General Relativity) works very well within its domain of applicability.