science branches, advanacement, paths

empleat

Hello,

2045 initiative is promising transfer of human brain into a computer.

It is weird to me already 2045 it could be theoretically possible and even you wouldn't have unlimited resources like ai at beggining, you would get exponentially smarter as quantum computers advances.

Currently 2018 there is no biological upgrade for brain.

You can only exercise and eat healthy and train brain, which very important.

But you can't like expand you brain, or add 50 000 neurons, or whatever and 2045 it would be possible already to transfer human brain into a computer.

I don't know if you know red alert 3, when russian traveled to past and killed einsteien and everything was electrical from inventions of tesla and there were no nukes.

It seems to me like what path in science humanity chooses.

I always wondered what would be better, first improve biological intelligence, or straight up try to research transfer of human brain into computer.

It is just weird how things are in comparison, scientist still don't know anything about consciosnes and like 1% about human brain.

Seems to me like in some science we are in stone age and in some we are in future, hard to describe, just weird, how ADVANCEMENT is in comparison with other science branches, at lest to me.

Because human inteligence is very limited by genes, even neuroloplasticity is effective, not everyone becomes milionares even after putting all time to it.

Even in quantum mechanics, there is always probablity and everything is random, but still life is pretty determined at macroscopis level, it is pretty stable i would say, not that you iq would change one day from 100 to 200, because some random stuff at quantum level, there are at the same time a lot of things determined since you are born, like personality is by 35% determined by dna, or temperament by how you are raised and you don't choose enviroment either.

Even your destiny is random, which is not much better than determined, you have still 0% control.

You are just atoms and smaller particles, which are all indistinguishable, you are no different from a rock.

There are even some immune cells causing pointless pain without, trade off, or reason, evolitonary mistake, you are just some particle, consciousness is just ilusion, it is all just dumb...

Edited by empleat

17 minutes ago, empleat said:

It is just weird how things are in comparison, scientist still don't know anything about consciousness and like 1% about human brain.

...because scientists are disallowed to make experiments on living humans.. and their brains..

You can't even give experimental cancer drugs, to people at the last stage of their life, in the last days of their life, even if they would be begging for it..

13 minutes ago, empleat said:

Currently 2018 there is no biological upgrade for brain.

You're using one of the most profound upgrades to human intelligence, the computer, to access another of the most profound upgrades to information processing, the internet. You're SO much better informed than humans just half a century ago.

16 minutes ago, empleat said:

It is just weird how things are in comparison, scientist still don't know anything about consciosnes and like 1% about human brain.

It's weird all right. So weird it probably isn't true. You're making a sort of composition fallacy, in thinking that because we don't know everything about a subject we don't know anything about it. 

I look at the brain the same way I look at the observable universe. We know what we can observe, and that tells us there is an awful lot out there to know, so much so that it will almost always look like we've just scratched the surface.

22 minutes ago, empleat said:

Seems to me like in some science we are in stone age and in some we are in future, hard to describe, just weird, how ADVANCEMENT is in comparison with other science branches, at lest to me.

It's not really that weird, but it's clear you've stitched your science knowledge together from popular sources, rather than investing in a more mainstream course of study, and that means you're missing some basic science foundations. We aren't in the stone age about anything, and neither are we reaching into the future. Many advancements come along before their time, and need other technologies to become more sophisticated. We'd have long ago switched to solar if we had better battery tech, and even the first steam engine had nothing it could propel, so it just spun in place without doing any work, a novelty at best.

28 minutes ago, empleat said:

Because human inteligence is very limited by genes, even neuroloplasticity is effective, not everyone becomes milionares even after putting all time to it.

Even in quantum mechanics, there is always probablity and everything is random, but still life is pretty determined at macroscopis level, it is pretty stable i would say, not that you iq would change one day from 100 to 200, because some random stuff at quantum level, there are at the same time a lot of things determined since you are born, like personality is by 35% determined by dna, or temperament by how you are raised and you don't choose enviroment either.

Even your destiny is random, which is not much better than determined, you have still 0% control.

You are just atoms and smaller particles, which are all indistinguishable, you are no different from a rock.

There are even some immune cells causing pointless pain without, trade off, or reason, evolitonary mistake, you are just some particle, consciousness is just ilusion, it is all just dumb...

I don't know what to say. You think it's all dumb, and human intelligence is limited. 

I think it's amazing, and humans are the only known species to figure out the power to leave their planet of origin. Life spreading life across the universe is hardly pointless, and would seem to be perfectly in line with evolutionary pressures. I guess I disagree with you and your philosophy completely.