Questions about Klitzing constant of resistance.

dhimokritis

Questions about Klitzing constant of resistance.

Klitzing constant RK = 25812.807572(93) Ohm  or RK = 25812.887557(18) Ohm, after sources of data constants, first attire my interest, because is a constant in space (or of space?), and is a constant that not depend by length, cross section, or material, as we common people are seeing in resistors.

The second it attire my intention because:

1-   RK = μ0 * c / (2 * α)  is depend by another constant that has to do with mass.

I find a few connections that depend by mass, radius, and C = e, but strange enough, in the result radius is eliminated.

Z0  = 4 * pi * M * R * c / e^2  = 376 7303138 ohm.  This is too a constant of space linked with :

2--RK  =  Z0 / 2 * α = 25812.80762 ohm.

3 -- RK = (M * R * c * 2 *pi * / α ) / e^2 = h / e^2 = 25812.80757 ohm

4 – RK =  ( U1 * R1 ) / Rc / ( e * c / (2 * pi  R1 / α ) * Rc =

= ( U1 * R1 ) / ( I1 / R1) = (1.439964393 * 10^-9) * (5.578488068*10^-14) =

= 25812.80762 ohm

May any helper give me the formula from quanta mechanic theory about this constant, that result with the same value?

Could you explain:

1. Where these equations came from (or show how you derived them):

• RK = μ0 * c / (2 * α)
  • RK  =  Z0 / 2 * α 
  • RK = (M * R * c * 2 *pi * / α ) / e^2
  • RK =  ( U1 * R1 ) / Rc / ( e * c / (2 * pi  R1 / α ) * Rc

2. Can you define what the following symbols mean: M, R, U1, R1, Rc

Thanks

Here is some useful information on these formulae.

https://www.ptb.de/cms/en/ptb/fachabteilungen/abt2/fb-26/ag-262/the-quantum-hall-resistance.html

The tasks of the working group 2.62 are notably based on the so-called quantum Hall resistance which is characterised by quantised values of the Hall resistance RH:

RH = RK/i    with  RK = h/e2  and   i = 1, 2, 3, 4, …

i.e., the quantum Hall resistance is an integer fraction i of the von-Klitzing constant RK. The von-Klitzing constant depends only on the Planck constant h and the charge of the electron e. Klaus von Klitzing discovered this effect in 1980 und was honoured in 1985 with the Nobel Prize in Physics.

21 hours ago, Strange said:

Could you explain:

1. Where these equations came from (or show how you derived them):

• RK = μ0 * c / (2 * α)
  • RK  =  Z0 / 2 * α 
  • RK = (M * R * c * 2 *pi * / α ) / e^2
  • RK =  ( U1 * R1 ) / Rc / ( e * c / (2 * pi  R1 / α ) * Rc

2. Can you define what the following symbols mean: M, R, U1, R1, Rc

Thanks

• The first and second, from:Physics.nist.gov / constant.

• The third from conversion of electric constant that depend from charge “e”, in constant that depend from my Hypothetic charge : “M”
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  The forth, by hypothetic potential (voltage) of : “e / e” in a distance 1 m. (that is unity of distance).

•  “I” from the charge “ e “ moving with velocity c in spherical trajectory which create appropriate frequency for radius 1m.

19 hours ago, studiot said:

Thanks Studiot.  I don’t go too dip, I am not able swimming. But I am satisfied that treating this constant classically I “re-found” in this post - speculation the link of von Klitzing constant from the “h” Planck and  “e”. What satisfied me, is that constant “h” came accidentally when I tried to find the link of the “μ0” with other Planck constants.