zombies

sci-man

im not quite sure where to put this.

can zombies be a real thing? I know that there is a fungus in real life that takes control of ants and proceeds to kill them while making them move once the ant dies it continues to make it move and eat other ants I think that if a person messes with the genes it could infect humans and make them into zombies, this is all that i know about it and any info would be great I'm not sure if this is all true as i might not have remembered some details. again any info or input would be great!

If such thngs exist in humans, the infection would most likely inhibit the frontal lobe in order to manipulate the human host. How it would manage to do this, not entirely sure. But I am certain that its main purpose is to spread and to do so, it would need the body to have as little voluntary movement, or make the host create it a habitable environment. Such a thing happens with a specie of orb weaver spider. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/14/science/a-wasp-that-turns-a-spider-into-the-walking-dead.html

Edited by NimrodTheGoat

1 hour ago, sci-man said:

im not quite sure where to put this.

can zombies be a real thing? I know that there is a fungus in real life that takes control of ants and proceeds to kill them while making them move once the ant dies it continues to make it move and eat other ants I think that if a person messes with the genes it could infect humans and make them into zombies, this is all that i know about it and any info would be great I'm not sure if this is all true as i might not have remembered some details. again any info or input would be great!

It very well could be a real thing.......if you remove some aspects of it.

First aspect you have to remove is being dead. Zombies would actually be living people, acting weirdly due to a disease, like rabies. Once a person is dead, they can be revived, however, it's not because of a disease typically.

Second, you have to remove the aspect of their bodies falling apart, missing legs, etc. Again, they'd most likely be dead then. 

So, zombies would essentially people with a weird brain disease that makes them act oddly.

So, let's contribute some traits to "zombies" in real life.

1. They no longer have the capability of rational thought.

2. They are aggressive, scratching and biting people(saliva allowing the transfer of the disease).

It's actually possible something like this could show up and unlease zombies across the world.

Right?

Wrong.

Biggest flaw with zombies is that they'd be easy to kill. Maybe not for civilians, but bring in a few soldiers and they're good as dead. If you had to hide from them, just grab some food and water and stay locked up in your house for a few days. They'll almost all be universally dead by that point, because diseases don't take away the need for water. Something I doubt zombies will be looking out for.

what about if someone got infected then gave birth and i know the chances of that are super low but what would happen if that happened. 

Even if they cant think rationally i think that they would follow their instincts and look for water unless the disease makes them afraid of water. 

also, I think that the rate of infection due to bites, an air born strain or even infection due to water could bring down the population drastically .

16 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

It very well could be a real thing.......if you remove some aspects of it.

First aspect you have to remove is being dead. Zombies would actually be living people, acting weirdly due to a disease, like rabies. Once a person is dead, they can be revived, however, it's not because of a disease typically.

Second, you have to remove the aspect of their bodies falling apart, missing legs, etc. Again, they'd most likely be dead then. 

So, zombies would essentially people with a weird brain disease that makes them act oddly.

So, let's contribute some traits to "zombies" in real life.

1. They no longer have the capability of rational thought.

2. They are aggressive, scratching and biting people(saliva allowing the transfer of the disease).

It's actually possible something like this could show up and unlease zombies across the world.

Right?

Wrong.

Biggest flaw with zombies is that they'd be easy to kill. Maybe not for civilians, but bring in a few soldiers and they're good as dead. If you had to hide from them, just grab some food and water and stay locked up in your house for a few days. They'll almost all be universally dead by that point, because diseases don't take away the need for water. Something I doubt zombies will be looking out for.

what about if someone got infected then gave birth and i know the chances of that are super low but what would happen if that happened. 

Even if they cant think rationally i think that they would follow their instincts and look for water unless the disease makes them afraid of water. 

also, I think that the rate of infection due to bites, an air born strain or even infection due to water could bring down the population drastically .

but if someone does mess with the genes of the fungus could it infect humans?

1 hour ago, NimrodTheGoat said:

If such thngs exist in humans, the infection would most likely inhibit the frontal lobe in order to manipulate the human host. How it would manage to do this, not entirely sure. But I am certain that its main purpose is to spread and to do so, it would need the body to have as little voluntary movement, or make the host create it a habitable environment. Such a thing happens with a specie of orb weaver spider. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/14/science/a-wasp-that-turns-a-spider-into-the-walking-dead.html

the fungus could grow in homes where it would be safe from the environment though.