Pretty Urgent - Simple Excel formula help

Silvestru

Hello forum,

I would really appreciate your help with what I'm sure is a simple IFERROR formula.

I want the first column to adopt the colour and text of the column with the higher number.

As in the example below the cell's with higher number (2) adopt the text and colour of the heading.

image.png.5e9c530a65897961b7005a0cdb03a116.png

I would really appreciate your help!

It might work as a Conditional Formatting function. I'm checking it out now.

Will the numbers in the two columns always be different?

Will you require more than two columns?

Tried that as a two part approach. In cell formula to set the correct text. That, obviously, works. Can't get the colour match though. I'll try some more. This matches a problem I was seeking a solution to a while back. I'm convinced that - sooner or later  - almost anything is possible in Excel.

Ah! Got it. This solves the problem as I understand it.

Step 1: In colum 1, the text column, add this forumula, assuming this is cell A1:  =IF(B1>C1,"Green","Red")

Step 2: Copy down the column

Step 3: Select all active  cells in column A.

Step 4: Go to Conditional Formating, Choose "New Rule"; "Format Only Cells that Contain"; Set this to "Green", then select Format, Patterns and choose a green shade.

Step 5: Repeat Step 4 for Red.

If you have more columns the coding becomes more tiresome, but the logic will work.

Hope that helps.

11 hours ago, Sensei said:

I am often using conditional formulas for filtering in OpenOffice Calc.

e.g. =IF(A1>10;A1;"")

What I don't want to see, is not displayed at all.

We solved the problem 'offline' via pm. Anyone interested in the solution can pm me for the simple spreadsheet.