Best Productivity Software?

Alex_Krycek

What's the best piece of software for organizing projects, charting goals, seeing what's on your agenda for the day / week / month / year, etc?

I looked at iMind Map and it looks decent.

Looking for something that will help me become more organized and efficient in executing my plans. 

I have been using Airtable (https://airtable.com) to organise my work. It is somewhere between a smart spreadsheet and a simple relational database. I have set it up so I can track all my projects, invoices and payments. If you have used Excel, it isn't any more complicated to use than that (maybe simpler) but much more flexible (in some ways). There is a free version (which I use). I think the paid version gives access to things like more visualisation tools.

I have never thought of a mind mapping tool for project planning, but they way iMindMap integrates with task management looks good. Did you look at DropTask, the tool they use? There is a free version of that if it provides the functionality you need by itself.

7 hours ago, Strange said:

I have been using Airtable (https://airtable.com) to organise my work. It is somewhere between a smart spreadsheet and a simple relational database. I have set it up so I can track all my projects, invoices and payments. If you have used Excel, it isn't any more complicated to use than that (maybe simpler) but much more flexible (in some ways). There is a free version (which I use). I think the paid version gives access to things like more visualisation tools.

I have never thought of a mind mapping tool for project planning, but they way iMindMap integrates with task management looks good. Did you look at DropTask, the tool they use? There is a free version of that if it provides the functionality you need by itself.

Cheers for the suggestion.  Been tinkering around with it the last few minutes and it seems pretty robust.  

I've got multiple projects on the go so something like this would be ideal to integrate everything in a simple and accessible format. 

I'll give DropTask a look...