If we are all the same but simply rebirth under different life conditions, how would you take it?

mad_scientist

If God really does exist and told you that after you die your consciousness is transferred to other human babies (memories erased) and that this process of rebirth and death happens continuously on planet Earth and across different time dimensions and ultimately you are all of humanity (when you interact with another human you are really interacting with yourself but with different life variables influencing both of you), how would you react?

E.g. if you kill another human you would be killing yourself, give someone a flower would mean giving yourself a flower etc.

If we had this philosophy would we become more humane, empathetic and caring humans?

Edited by mad_scientist
giving instead of gibing - correcting spelling mistake

6 minutes ago, mad_scientist said:

(memories erased)

This part makes it all moot. Knowing wouldn't make me treat people any differently. I'm part Humanist; I already acknowledge how important interaction between us is. And since my memories will be erased after death, only what I accomplish in life matters. My consciousness has nothing special about it without memory, so even if I knew which baby it was going into next, it wouldn't matter to the child, or to me, or to anybody else.

My reaction? "You recycle. You reuse. But, God, you only reduce through catastrophe. Where do you get the new consciousnesses for all these extra people we're making? Have they been waiting long? How many more are there?"

20 hours ago, mad_scientist said:

E.g. if you kill another human you would be killing yourself, give someone a flower would mean giving yourself a flower etc.

It's called karma or you reap what you sow...

20 hours ago, mad_scientist said:

If we had this philosophy would we become more humane, empathetic and caring humans?

It makes it easier to forgive which makes it easier to be content which makes it easier to smile (smile and the world smiles back, frown and the world turns its back). We are social animals, so empathy and caring is our default state. 

We don't need god for that...

Edited by dimreepr