Simulated Universe

Raider5678

With modern technology, do you think it'd be possible to begin creating the first simulated universe with "AI"?

Would a simulated universe be helpful to developing A.I.?

Also, note, with this universe I'm talking really basic mechanics. Maybe even only 2D.

Edited by Raider5678

8 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

Also, note, with this universe I'm talking really basic mechanics. Maybe even only 2D.

Simulations of particle collisions are done @ CERN every day in 3D right now...

8 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

With modern technology, do you think it'd be possible to begin creating the first simulated universe with "AI"?

What AI has to do with simulated Universe.. ?

AI has to analyze provided data from this world, and return the most optimal answer.

e.g. you feed AI with city map, all routes, some are full of cars, and it has to give you the best (the shortest time) path to destination..

Simulation does not have to go the shortest, the most optimal path.. You can restart it, and start from the beginning, and observe what is going on..

Edited by Sensei

4 hours ago, Sensei said:

Simulations of particle collisions are done @ CERN every day in 3D right now...

What AI has to do with simulated Universe.. ?

AI has to analyze provided data from this world, and return the most optimal answer.

e.g. you feed AI with city map, all routes, some are full of cars, and it has to give you the best (the shortest time) path to destination..

Simulation does not have to go the shortest, the most optimal path.. You can restart it, and start from the beginning, and observe what is going on..

It has more to do with a thinking A.I. than a working one.
You've probably heard of the simulated universe theory, and this is basically that. 

Additionally, CERN does not simulate quintillions of atoms at a time. 

Edited by Raider5678