problem with replying

I get the following message a lot when trying to reply to a message using the quote function.

The only way I can remedy this is to make my reply short, send it, then edit it to add more, send it again, edit, add more, send it, etc etc, until I finally get it all sent.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/newreply.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at http://www.scienceforums.net Port 80

Wierd. I haven't had any 404s or access errors since the server was changed. I don't know if I've ever gotten one posting or quoting, it was always trying to hit a link to a thread or post.

I'll check with Dave and blike to see if they know what it could be.

Funny thing it works ok if my reply is short.

If they figure it out there are some members we might want to infect with what you have. :D

I get the following message a lot when trying to reply to a message using the quote function.

The only way I can remedy this is to make my reply short' date=' send it, then edit it to add more, send it again, edit, add more, send it, etc etc, until I finally get it all sent.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/newreply.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at http://www.scienceforums.net Port 80[/quote']

I have the same problem. I made a short reply to a post and decided to expand upon it choosing 'edit'. I wrote my reply and got the same message as Bettina. Bummer! Took a while to write too!

Glider and Bettina, what browser do you use when you get this problem?, dave and I have both tried to replicate this, and we`re ok.

I only use IE6, ver 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

I have shut off ZoneAlarm, and McCafee virsus scanner, but it still does it.

I have learned when writing a long reply, to cut and paste it to notepad before pushing the send button......just in case. :)

Bettina