What color is the sky on Mars?

Cosmo_Ken

Ya, it is really amazing how much the sky of mars looks like Earth's minus the clouds.

734386main_pia16768-43_800-600.jpg

501272main_pia13594-false-4x3.jpg

marte56_02.jpg

Um, you are not supposed to see this last one it is classified..... I mean photo-shopped, look at all the digital artifacts in that picture.

Mars-UFO-370063.jpg

Look at the Warping of the photo around the UFO on the left side.

Digital Artifact Wiki

Edited by Vmedvil

1 hour ago, Vmedvil said:

Ya, it is really amazing how much the sky of mars looks like Earth's minus the clouds.

I don't think this is the real-colour image. A lot of images from Mars get automatically adjusted for white balance to resemble the same illumination as on the Earth. This makes it easier among other things for geologists to identify rocks from images since rocks can look very differently under different lighting.

Normally sky on Mars has yellow-orange tint and it usually only looks blue during sunset/sunrise IIRC.

Edited by pavelcherepan

On 12/7/2017 at 2:26 AM, pavelcherepan said:

I don't think this is the real-colour image. A lot of images from Mars get automatically adjusted for white balance to resemble the same illumination as on the Earth. This makes it easier among other things for geologists to identify rocks from images since rocks can look very differently under different lighting.

Normally sky on Mars has yellow-orange tint and it usually only looks blue during sunset/sunrise IIRC.

I wouldn't doubt that.